Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did tire pressure go? V11 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the 2021.44.25.2 update.

The release notes say tire pressure moved to Controls > Service.

I don’t see tire pressure there.

ADBB51F6-7756-42AD-BCD1-DD4DB9236399.jpeg

Reactions: Petesjca
Might be faster with voice command:

Tire Pressure
Show me tire pressures

That doesn't work anymore. I drove around for a bit to try to get tire pressures to show up and it seems the only way to see them is to tap the car icon, and then search down the big list of categories until you find Service, and then tap that, and then you get a display which finally shows your tire pressures, and covers the entire map. It's f$%king asinine. Same thing with odometer and trip odometer.

That doesn't work anymore. I drove around for a bit to try to get tire pressures to show up and it seems the only way to see them is to tap the car icon, and then search down the big list of categories until you find Service, and then tap that, and then you get a display which finally shows your tire pressures, and covers the entire map. It's f$%king asinine. Same thing with odometer and trip odometer.

Thanks for your report. That means among other things, the update also broke the tire pressure voice command! Very very bad!!!!

They really messed up lot of users friendly options. Seems like they were high on drug who approved it.

Reactions: Ciaopec
I really don’t know what this tire pressure obsession is all about, but I’m pretty sure there’s a medical treatment for it.
It's not an obsession, it's Gay-Lussac's law. Temperature and pressure have a close relationship. Since I live in Canada, the cold weather makes the pressure drop significantly. I was trying to put some pressure to my tires today at home but could not see what the reading was on the car.

Reactions: Prairie
It's annoying because the pressure only shows up when driving. If you are parked, you don't see it. They need to fix this ASAP
This has always been the case. The pressure sensors have a roll switch or accelerometer in them and only activate once in motion. This is done to enable a decent battery life in the sensors. It is also used to locate the sensor on the correct side if the car.

It's not an obsession, it's Gay-Lussac's law. Temperature and pressure have a close relationship. Since I live in Canada, the cold weather makes the pressure drop significantly. I was trying to put some pressure to my tires today at home but could not see what the reading was on the car.
I deliberately overfill my tires (in my comfortable garage, of course) and then let pressure out to a desirable level, such as 50 lbs. This should still be good when the winter temp cools the air, but I can still check ONE tire (after I know they are all the same) to see what they sit at in the outside air. Tire pressure also increases as the tire rotates and flexes, so it's a balancing act, but once the tire pressures are all the same, it doesn't matter a whole bunch.

I learned the same this morning. Two days ago the voice prompt worked..today nothing.