Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where Do Rock Chips Impact the M3 the Most?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I wonder how it looks after you peeled off the PPF? Anyhow, my '18 has about the same mileage, 38k with more highway miles. I also went frugal and did a 24" bikini cut on my hood, and have no chips. Was yours only 12"? I'm wondering if all of your chips are in the bottom 24"? In hindsight, I would also do a full hood, but it was my first time with DIY PPF, so learning as I go.

Aside from the typical front fascia areas, the windshield is also a rockchip, nick, bullseye magnet on these cars - 3s much more than Ys likely given the ride height difference.

A lot depends on driving mix (highway/motorway vs around town, mix of trucks and trailers, construction or farming equipment encountered on the road), driving area (proximity to sand beaches or deserts, mountains, etc), road conditions/material too (quality of surface, use of rock salt, sand etc in winter), and of course driving style (average speed, tendency to follow closely, etc).

• Informative
Reactions: KenC