TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Where do you put your change?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Black/Black MS, Dec 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Black/Black MS

As a MS driver for a few months now, one of the frustrating things is I still haven't found a convenient place to drop my change. For now I drop it in the center console where the USB chargers are, but it's not very convenient to fish it out of there. What do you do with your change?

2. BozieBeMe2

BozieBeMe2 Member

I use a draw string bag and place it in the yacht floor storage box. No noise, easy to get to and very handy

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

Storage box as in the trunk?
    I just put it in one of the cupholders and leave that one closed, sliding the armrest up where I put my arm when Im driving anyway.

• Like x 1
  4. democappy

democappy Member

Smartass answer: Why does anyone have actual physical change anymore?

Actual answer: I have some in the cup holder under the arm rest. I honestly have no idea where that change came from, but I leave it there. I think it is like 40 cents worth.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

To feed parking meters?

6. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

7. democappy

democappy Member

Parking meters! I will give you that. If I can't pay with my phone or credit card I am not parking there.

Side note tangent: There are EV parking spots in uptown Charlotte with chargers and meters, but the charger is located in the passenger front corner. No way for it to reach to where my charger actually is unless I park in the wrong direction on a major street. That was the only time I have tried to park at a parking meter with my S and I failed for a different reason than not having change.

8. Black/Black MS

For me it's primarily fast food drive thru's or quick trips in and out of a store. I hate carrying change I my pockets, so I always drop it in my car. Ironically, having change in my car helps to prevent me accumulating more change, so I like to have it handy.

Good tip about the cup holder under the arm rest. Those cup holders are inconvenient to actually use for cups, so I hardly ever use them for drinks.

I should probably get one of these:

Amazon.com: Winplus AC02000606 Coin Holder: Automotive

9. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

@Black/Black MS DON'T DO IT. I have tried two different brands of that same thing, including that one and it will DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!! The springs pushing the coins up are not sufficient to allow you to slide the coins out without it depressing the coin back down making it too far down to slide out. Gave both of them away to co-workers and they both thought I had given them a gag gift as they were all but unusable for them as well. Basically uselss

10. Black/Black MS

Wow - good to know, thanks. I would have bought it based on the reviews.

11. hsctiger93

hsctiger93 Member

I went to Target and got a silver metal mesh desk organizer. Fit just perfectly in the well between driver and passenger seat. Plus it helped me organize placement of my phone, sunglasses, ICE keys, etc. Looks nice (cheap, but nice) and works very well for like $10.

12. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

13. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

I put my change in the useless cup holders under the center arm rests.

14. NuG

NuG Member

I keep my change in a coin wallet and the wallet in the glove box. Don't get me started on the lack of interior storage compartments.

15. dohmer

dohmer Member

Change purse that I stash in between the dividers of the center console (the one that you can configure to accommodate different size cups).

16. Casavant

Casavant Member

Small zipper camera bag from best buy. Fits ahead of 2nd cup holder in center console. Quiet, portable, and outta the way

17. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Where do you put your change?
    Excuse me, but I bought a Tesla. And them ain't mouse nuts. So it's going to be a long while before I've re-accumulated enough change to rub together, let alone worry about where to put.

Next answer: same as I have for decades. In old film canisters. Canadian change in one, US change in the others. AND....I use the real film canisters - they're made out of metal. And you haven't seen those since the early/mid 60's or so.....

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  18. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I place all of my change in a plastic bottle in the kitchen so my wife can tap into it:) I never, ever carry the stuff myself or in the Tesla.

19. Stiction

Stiction Member

What is this thing you call "change"?

20. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

This may be shocking and/or dismaying, but I put it in ...my pocket.

Related note: I live in a very civilized part of the state: I don't think there's a parking meter within 50 miles.

• Like x 1