Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross-posting from the other spoiler thread:

Got mine today. They called to let me know it was ready on Tuesday and the mobile tech came by today to do the install.

I'm in Menlo Park, CA. The tech also told me that they were doing an install event at Tesla's Palo Alto HQ today with 2 techs doing spoiler installs all day long.

Here's what it looks like: spoiler & badge

I’m at a super charger right now and someone just pulled in with a Red performance with the spoiler. Check it out.

Attachments

• 64733728-188F-40EF-A475-D4817D6C6FC1.jpeg
    64733728-188F-40EF-A475-D4817D6C6FC1.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 6CFC0E32-B348-478A-8392-0B3D097D3B7C.jpeg
    6CFC0E32-B348-478A-8392-0B3D097D3B7C.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Thanks for posing the install pics, very informative! I likely will do the same thing (have them install the spoiler but not the badge). My emblems are painted satin black as part of the chrome delete I got, and if I put the badge on, I would want it painted to match. I am 50/50 on getting the badge painted and installed. Part of me wants it, and the other part of me wants to leave it de badged.

I kind of like the debadged look, but also kind of DONT like the fact that the performance model looks almost exactly the same as the others. Probably because I am used to higher trim sporty models of cars having more "flair" in body work than the other trims. It seems to be "taboo" to talk about wanting that differentiation, but if people didnt want it, manufacturers would not build them that way.

(love the vanity plate btw!).

Thanks for posing the install pics, very informative! I likely will do the same thing (have them install the spoiler but not the badge). My emblems are painted satin black as part of the chrome delete I got, and if I put the badge on, I would want it painted to match. I am 50/50 on getting the badge painted and installed. Part of me wants it, and the other part of me wants to leave it de badged.

I kind of like the debadged look, but also kind of DONT like the fact that the performance model looks almost exactly the same as the others. Probably because I am used to higher trim sporty models of cars having more "flair" in body work than the other trims. It seems to be "taboo" to talk about wanting that differentiation, but if people didnt want it, manufacturers would not build them that way.

(love the vanity plate btw!).
I'm with you. Wish the P3 had more visually distinguishing features. There is no mistaking a 330i vs a M3.

To @b0n3z and others who already have their spoilers installed. Do you guys have ceramic coating? If so, do you worry about the spoiler sticking properly to the car?

Just got my badge and spoiler from the Costa Mesa event. I pulled in and there was nobody in line. They had 2 stations, one for badging and another for spoilers. They take your info and send you to a station.

I pulled into the first station for the badge and they applied it in 15 seconds. Then they directed me to the second station where they installed my spoiler. This took about 3 minutes. They wiped down the trunk with alcohol prep, and then added the spoiler with some sort of adhesive tape. They told me not too apply too much pressure until it cured and sent me on my way. The whole process took only about 10 minutes. Seriously felt like my car was at a pit stop station, when my car pulled into a station a group of 3 techs would surround the car and get to work.

Here are some pics:

They had multiple Mobile Service vans at each station, but when I went there was nobody there.
1Ddk2bx.jpg

The box the spoilers were shipped in, and the red plastic is the backing of the adhesive tape for attaching the spoilers.
ueck6QS.jpg

cYfwKXT.jpg

TNBiFoB.jpg

FOhytAk.jpg

I'm with you. Wish the P3 had more visually distinguishing features. There is no mistaking a 330i vs a M3.

To @b0n3z and others who already have their spoilers installed. Do you guys have ceramic coating? If so, do you worry about the spoiler sticking properly to the car?

No I don't have any ceramic or paint protection film (PPF). I plan to get both... but all in due time. Another guy that I met at the even (Tony) had a black Model 3 with Stealth PPF (matt). I'm not sure if he had ceramic on top of that PPF - but it adhered just fine. 3M automotive tape is very strong stuff.

I also agree that the performance model needs to be more aggressive. So I'm communication with one manufacture that is possibly making a 4" spoiler I might purchase. I also want a bumper replacement or modification for a rear diffuser (as well as side skirts and front lower lip).

Reactions: CrazyCoconut

If it falls off I’ll share the story. :)

Seems fine however.

I took delivery of my car in July. Going on 7 months now... quite frustrating. Stopped by my local service center today and they had "no idea" when spoilers would get in, but this thread has me hopeful.

They installed at least a hundred in just 2-3 hours. It’s just a matter of when. It’s less than a five minute job.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
No I don't have any ceramic or paint protection film (PPF). I plan to get both... but all in due time. Another guy that I met at the even (Tony) had a black Model 3 with Stealth PPF (matt). I'm not sure if he had ceramic on top of that PPF - but it adhered just fine. 3M automotive tape is very strong stuff.

I also agree that the performance model needs to be more aggressive. So I'm communication with one manufacture that is possibly making a 4" spoiler I might purchase. I also want a bumper replacement or modification for a rear diffuser (as well as side skirts and front lower lip).
My PPF and ceramic coating guy says just to clean it with isopropyl alcohol, while my other detailer guy says you have to mechanically polish the coating off. I might just be safe and polish the trunk lid edge prior to spoiler installation. I have all of the equipment for paint correction anyway.

Depends who you ask actually.
Sure. The point is that there is obviously a lot of people who do want more flair. There are several in this thread alone.

I took delivery of my car in July. Going on 7 months now... quite frustrating. Stopped by my local service center today and they had "no idea" when spoilers would get in, but this thread has me hopeful.

It looks like they're still trying to get the process for "installing" the spoilers down. Apparently the person signing everyone in was the Head of Mobile Service probably double checking the mobile tech's work. As @MXWing mentioned in the past, the spoilers may have come in late last year but they didn't have a good process for installing all of them where some of the alignment was a bit off.

In fact some of the badges looked a bit crooked and had to do a reinstall. The story about the install jig needing to be finalized before it could be installed out in the field sounds like the most believable story.

I asked my detailer to delay putting ceramic on the trunk lid until I get my spoiler.