Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is review of video clips now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Running 2022.20.7

When I bring up the Camera menu, all I can see is the current camera operations. There is no menu to review clips. I am in Park.

Also the remote view in the app hasn’t worked in months. I am on the latest app version.

Third, Dashcam just randomly decides when to store clips. Most of the time it does not. I manually tried to store two clips this morning and none of them got stored. I’m set to manual (did they change the dash cam to only store clips when you have a “event“??)

Is the software just broken now?

Last edited:
@sdrevik, I can't answer all of your questions, but I believe there's an option in the settings to save dashcam clips if you honk your horn. You could use this as a last-resort way to save a dashcam clip, if UI changes are confusing, uncooperative, or just plain broken. (They caused me problems, too, about a year ago. I haven't checked what the latest UI changes do to this feature.)

This afternoon I has a Waymo car pull out from a side street across my path where I had the right of way. I used the voice command "save dashcam" and it responded and appeared to do the save. I cannot find any dashcam clips. I looked it up in the manual and believe I am following the instructions. I am in park and bring up the dashcam but there is no menu at the top. I have used it in the past and it has worked.

Just tried it... Apps... Dashcam.... three line icon in upper left of dashcam screen... and the list of clips appears all down the left of the dashcam screen.

Currently on 2023.12.10, I believe. I'm waiting forever to update so my autopilot and FSD aren't hobbled. This is on a 2018 model 3, also reserved day one.

Just tried it... Apps... Dashcam.... three line icon in upper left of dashcam screen... and the list of clips appears all down the left of the dashcam screen.

Currently on 2023.12.10, I believe. I'm waiting forever to update so my autopilot and FSD aren't hobbled. This is on a 2018 model 3, also reserved day one.
Thank you. I found it. The [...] symbol at the bottom of the screen didn't mean 'Apps' to me.