Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 8.27.22 AM.png

Man I'm so disappointed that we waited so long and this is what we get for $135,000.

That's actually a fine mule. Could do with a little sprucing up, wash and buff. It appears to have good carrying capacity. I don't, however, see any towing options but there's no indications that it can't tow.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to the wood paneling?

Who needs wood paneling when it comes with its own vanity and wheelchair access?

Tesla also now has access to the test track adjacent to the factory, which can be used for extensive testing without revealing anything to spy shots. (They bought that land in 2013)

I suspect they can do some work there, but all the big manufacturers have much larger proprietary facilities and you still see their development prototypes out in the real world.

I'm loving this thread, and wondering what the media will quote. People will read all the comments about Bonnie's Beta (without seeing original post with photo) and think this is all for real.

I'm in for wheelchair hot tub Tesla, anyone else?

There are a number of BETA cars that are currently testing they would represent what you guys are calling "mule" They total 25 or so. Some are drivable some are not. They are used for different tests, the different engineering teams get a car and run their perspective tests on it. I can put up a picture, and I likely will very soon. But Just as a heads up, the front has changed allot, there is no more fake grill (nose cone). Enjoy the tidbits.