Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the new Supercharger going to be in NJ ? Any confirms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That enforces what I was saying somewhere by Exit 14 on private land not a public rest stop since there are no rest areas by Exit 14.

I was just in a discussion with a someone from Public Service Electric that told me they were putting in chargers in Newark. I asked about Tesla and darn near had an argument about standards etc. I explained the J1772 standard but that was useless as they have no respect for regulations or standards etc. I asked about a standard 110/220 outlet for charging, then was told they will put in what everyone uses. I suspect it will be on the utilities property.

I spoke to Tesla Paramus NJ and they said they will install by the end of august.

I get a pretty strong (and bad) feeling that since NJ won't allow Tesla to place proprietary chargers at their rest stops that the supercharger is going to be placed at the Springfield Service Center. It's not exactly in a convenient location but given that the service center is supposed to undergo a big remodeling effort shortly (if they haven't begun already), I feel like a supercharger may be part of the renovation. End of August was the estimated date of completion for the renovation so that timeline sort of coincides. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised. I wish NJ would just let them put some chargers at the rest stops. Would definitely make my long trips a bit less harrowing lol.

And those that take 80, 78 or 22 to the turnpike would need to go several miles south before back tracking to ny or back to their highway if choice. Whereas one further north would serve those highways and the folks going to exit 11 would be served as well.

Exit 11 would be great for me. That's the exit i take when i go to northern NJ. I'm just glad Tesla's putting a supercharger in northern NJ. Doesn't really matter to me where though. Few extra miles out of the way to get a top off so I can drive my car more at my final NJ/NY destination would still be great.

I spoke today to sales people at Tesla Paramus and they said that some customers charged already at the supercharger by exit 11 supposely by a rest area. But they dont know exactly where it is. The supercharger is not officially up but they said its available. They said by Woodbridge some where . I saw theres Thomas Edison and Glover Cleveland rest areas. But could be off I 95 somewhere close by. Somebody Go check those rest areas and Woodbridge area.

Last edited:
I spoke today to sales people at Tesla Paramus and they said that some customers charged already at the supercharger by exit 11 supposely by Molly Pitcher rest area. But they dont know exactly where it is. The supercharger is not officially up but they said its available.

If someone can give a location I'll be passing by there around 5am in the morning I can take pics to confirm but I need a better description where to look.