Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where, Oh Where, Is the Next Batch of Invites?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the thoughts above. It's a valid thought that since the earnings release, those deferring have instead chose to configure...the deferral rate on the tracker spreadsheet has dropped from ~30% to ~29% since the earnings release. Not sure how statistically significant that drop is, nor how much volume it would be expected to absorb...enough to delay another batch of invites going out? Maybe @Troy has an educated guess as to how many people configured in the past week since deferral rate dropped by 1%.

Thanks for the thoughts above. It's a valid thought that since the earnings release, those deferring have instead chose to configure...the deferral rate on the tracker spreadsheet has dropped from ~30% to ~29% since the earnings release. Not sure how statistically significant that drop is, nor how much volume it would be expected to absorb...enough to delay another batch of invites going out? Maybe @Troy has an educated guess as to how many people configured in the past week since deferral rate dropped by 1%.

I can tell you that I'm in that exact boat (I'll update the spreadsheet after this). I was waiting for an early 2018 SR w/PUP, but after last week's news I decided to go 1st production so as to be sure i'll get the full tax credit. finally put in my order last Thursday

I can tell you that I'm in that exact boat (I'll update the spreadsheet after this). I was waiting for an early 2018 SR w/PUP, but after last week's news I decided to go 1st production so as to be sure i'll get the full tax credit. finally put in my order last Thursday
In looking at the Invites workbook (cell BR56), the estimated number of owners who've received invites to date is only 7,908. So a 1 % point decrease in deferrals has only consumed 79 cars...not a material reason why a new batch of invites has not gone out in now 19+ days and counting. Again, assuming participation in the workbook is representative of the population of course.

Not looking at the workbook, but just comments on the forum, it almost seems like they're trickling invites out right now. Maybe there's a a few more owners that are being invited and maybe there's an increase in placed orders that were previously deferred. I don't think we're going to see any batched for a few weeks.

Still about four hanging out in Palm Springs as of a couple days ago. Starting to see a couple in the wild on the street. There is definitely a lull as far as reporting on this board goes but I'm not sure what to read into it yet. People (shareholder?) are getting fidgety though. There doesn't seem to be an increasing ramp in numbers. Say 4000 produced in 6 weeks since the new year.

This is interesting because I still haven’t been assigned a VIN 3 weeks from configuring. I’m set for Palm Springs delivery, but am told that they are backed up and I won’t be assigned a VIN until delivery can be scheduled...

F5C7FBBB-8CF2-431B-AE70-16CA500046B0.png
Checked status just a few minutes!

Just got our invite. California, owner. Had a Dec-Feb 1st production date that got moved to March-May. Looking at the spreadsheet here for Calif owners and date of reservation I was pretty confident if they were doing Calif deliveries in March we'd getting our invite any week now. If we ordered now delivery in 3-6 weeks. Husband sent me a screen capture. Probably going to wait for AWD but will talk about it tonight. Very excited all the same. Hope no one is regretting cancelling their reservation.

IMG_6348.JPG

201249B1-4097-4F17-AA06-CF70A19AB720.png
Just got our invite. California, owner. Had a Dec-Feb 1st production date that got moved to March-May. Looking at the spreadsheet here for Calif owners and date of reservation I was pretty confident if they were doing Calif deliveries in March we'd getting our invite any week now. If we ordered now delivery in 3-6 weeks. Husband sent me a screen capture. Probably going to wait for AWD but will talk about it tonight. Very excited all the same. Hope no one is regretting cancelling their reservation.

View attachment 280416
Same situation! Except our AWD says mid 2018. My wife wants the AWD as well and we will be talking tonight :)

View attachment 280417
Same situation! Except our AWD says mid 2018. My wife wants the AWD as well and we will be talking tonight :)

I'm guessing you made your reservation sometime before us. We had bought our MS in March, thinking we'd keep our second car for a while after putting money into the AC and tires and then started having issues with it, so unfortunately didn't order until pretty late. After driving our S got spoiled driving it and couldn't see buying anything else for our second car. We have AWD and SAS on our S and think I'd like it to be closer in ride to it, plus our driveway is on an incline so think the SAS will help us at home and around town with all of the annoying speed bumps they have put up everywhere. I was getting nervous for people not having seen any movement in invites and know a lot of people are hoping to get a 1st production sooner than later. Pretty sure we'll hold off, freeing our invite up for them.

Reactions: nogajim
...I was getting nervous for people not having seen any movement in invites and know a lot of people are hoping to get a 1st production sooner than later. Pretty sure we'll hold off, freeing our invite up for them.

Yay, someone thinking of the greater good! And it just happens to coincide with RubberToes greater good too :p

Still no invite here though, so current owners please keep the greater good in mind...

RT