Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get accessory power with new 2022 lithium 12v battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I need help regarding new 12v lithium battery. I have a 2022 M3LR and don't know where is a good 12v connection. I plan to install power frunk from Hansshow V5 kit. Thanks in advance for any advise.
I suggest you do some research here and elsewhere regarding the Hanshow kit. Many many many reports about malfunctions and totally absent customer service after the sale.

Reactions: Durzel
I completely agree that LFP would have made more sense and I absolutely cannot comprehend why they chose to go with NMC instead of LFP

Sometimes, it’s just as simple as “I can get you 500,000 NMC cells by next Tuesday. LFPs will be October 2026.”

I know in my industry, we’ve had to make several (fairly drastic) engineering changes due to supply constraints.

Reactions: FalconFour
going to piggyback on this thread as I have a similar issue here: New 12V Battery [need to install insurance tracker box on 2022 Model3]

trying to install this insurance tracking box:

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-09 at 09.31.52.jpeg

going to piggyback on this thread as I have a similar issue here: New 12V Battery [need to install insurance tracker box on 2022 Model3]

View attachment 850605

See my posting in this thread

View attachment 850605
Meh, you can get away with putting tiny devices directly on the 12v battery. Its draw is well within the margins of error of typical battery charging (the variance between a new and aged lead battery, etc). The car won't notice it.

Tesla Service would almost definitely whine about it, though (they're known to make stuff up just to weasel out of a legitimate warranty issue). Truthfully, this almost certainly will not have an effect on your 12v battery -- but they'll decline a warranty replacement of the battery if they see it.

Big difference between putting a power-sucking device like an inverter, and a tiny little trickle-powered device like this :)

Reactions: LeeroyJ