Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where Would You Suggest Tesla To Build Their Supercharging Stations In Hong Kong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The progress seems good.
IMG_1556.JPG

Carpark management must make it very clear, that the Supercharger bays are for Teslas only. Maybe impose penalties for non Teslas parking there, similar to what they do on designated monthly bays.
We (the Tesla drivers) need to be considerate and vacate the bay right after charging is complete.

Someone posted a TVB Money magazine before, saying that the EV charging spots are all occupied by non-EVs, the car-park management couldn't care less and said there is nothing they can do about it.
Let's hope that we the Tesla EV owners can stand firm to fight musking!

@ River Leung, thanks for the update 

really excited when I saw the chargers are up standing :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Someone posted a TVB Money magazine before, saying that the EV charging spots are all occupied by non-EVs, the car-park management couldn't care less and said there is nothing they can do about it.
Let's hope that we the Tesla EV owners can stand firm to fight musking!

yes, strongly agree.

I saw the TVB report. Believe the current situation is different. At the moment, most of the bays with a socket would remain vacant, as hardly EVs in town. I'm quite certain, that the carpark management of the cruise ship terminal and Hopewell Center will take care, that the bays will be available for Teslas. Besides I believe that Tesla will be smart enough to have certain conditions with the carpark management that if they pay/install Superchargers, they must be reserved for Teslas.
Good example are the two 32amp charging bays in the IFC Mall carpark. They are clearly marked and I believe IFC will enforce, that never any non EV are parked there.

Nothing  except the rooftop garden and the Kai Tak Runway Park.

In a way that's actually a good thing, so people won't hang around for too long (and block the superchargers). Go and charge, then leave again so there is room for the next one. I can already see it happening - people waiting in line there for others to finish charging.

Talked to Kenneth tonight at the Launch Event. He said both Kai Tak (4 bays) and Hopewell Supercharger (6 bay) are completed and ready for charging NOW.

He also talked about future plan about number of Supercharger to be installed in HK. He said there will be over 10 (he told me 2-digit) Superchargers in HK.

that's great:

One (sic) you have entered the 17th floor car park from Kennedy road, follow the ramp down until reaching the Supercharger station at 11th floor of the car park.

Great, that'll be just a few hundred watts of regen before you hit the supercharger. Imagine going uphill to reach a supercharger and running out if juice in the process!