Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's my car??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a terrible experience with the Costa Mesa office. I can't ever get a response from my DS, I had to send 6 emails and 2 voicemails over 2 weeks to finally get a response when I called my OA and said where is my DS?

I ordered 7/10. Confirmed 7/13. MS75 Black, Premium, FSD. Went into production 8/17. Still in production today.

I emailed my DS yesterday, no response yet.
I called Costa Mesa asking to speak with someone else and another DS said my car has been in a quality inspection stage and my car will come with the 2.5 FIRMWARE. It's not firmware and I'm extremely worried about what is going on with my car and the experience I'm having. I am definitely being patient but at this point I feel like I've been too patient because I get no responses and incorrect answers.

Do you guys have any insight as what's holding my car up at the factory?

Reactions: Rossy
I remember similar treatment in SoCal with the first Model X vehicles. Surprise, the phone rang and delivery occurred the next day!

Be very pleased you are getting the 2.5 AP hardware. Better to wait now then to be told your car cannot be upgraded later.

OT: Let us know after delivery if a new camera is pointing at the driver!

I remember similar treatment in SoCal with the first Model X vehicles. Surprise, the phone rang and delivery occurred the next day!

Be very pleased you are getting the 2.5 AP hardware. Better to wait now then to be told your car cannot be upgraded later.

OT: Let us know after delivery if a new camera is pointing at the driver!

I don't know if my car is coming with 2.5. I just contacted the DS after asking for the manager. And asked her about it. She said she never heard of 2.5..... or why my car is in the inspection stage at the factory.

Gave her 3 questions to find out since she couldn't answer any concerns today.

1. Why is my car stuck in the inspection stage at the factory?
2. Is it coming with 2.5 hardware and/or upgraded back seats?
3. When will it actually be here? She originally told me I could have it by the end of August for my trip.(ie today/tomorrow). That is not the case and I gotta wait til .... no idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy and Mark Z
I don't know if my car is coming with 2.5. I just contacted the DS after asking for the manager. And asked her about it. She said she never heard of 2.5..... or why my car is in the inspection stage at the factory.

Gave her 3 questions to find out since she couldn't answer any concerns today.

1. Why is my car stuck in the inspection stage at the factory?
2. Is it coming with 2.5 hardware and/or upgraded back seats?
3. When will it actually be here? She originally told me I could have it by the end of August for my trip.(ie today/tomorrow). That is not the case and I gotta wait til .... no idea.

1. It's stuck at factory because it may have a recalled part along with 2000 other Tesla's. So they have to inspect each car to find out if it has a bad one? It has to do with 2.5.

2. It will be 2.5. She doesn't know about backseats and didn't know they changed.

3. No eta because of the part.

Lol well for sure not getting my August delivery. Maybe early September????

I'm having a terrible experience with the Costa Mesa office. I can't ever get a response from my DS, I had to send 6 emails and 2 voicemails over 2 weeks to finally get a response when I called my OA and said where is my DS?

I ordered 7/10. Confirmed 7/13. MS75 Black, Premium, FSD. Went into production 8/17. Still in production today.

I emailed my DS yesterday, no response yet.
I called Costa Mesa asking to speak with someone else and another DS said my car has been in a quality inspection stage and my car will come with the 2.5 FIRMWARE. It's not firmware and I'm extremely worried about what is going on with my car and the experience I'm having. I am definitely being patient but at this point I feel like I've been too patient because I get no responses and incorrect answers.

Do you guys have any insight as what's holding my car up at the factory?

OP I don't know if this is related to your car but it could be since your production date is close to what others have stated. I was over on the Tesla.com website and saw this thread about a mandatory update being necessary. There is apparently some kind of service bulletin that went out recently and an update needs to be done to certain cars. Delivery delay for "mandatory update"? | Tesla

Chances are your DS didn't have any info at that point if the problem was just showing up in testing and needed time to resolve it before shipping out. Still should have been in touch with you. But I'd be glad that quality control picked up the issue before delivery and now when you and others with delayed deliveries get your cars at least you won't have to take it in for service and can just enjoy driving. I know the waiting is really hard and with everyone having a long holiday weekend it would have been nice to use now. Sounds from the above thread that deliveries are being rescheduled for next week.

Last edited:
There was some thread about August 26 and the ordering system and orders have to be redone.. probably not related to August 31 and deliveries...

If OP wants to know if he has AP2.5, he can check the option codes to see if APH3 is in the list. (Click on the View Spec link in My Tesla, and see if that code is in the URL. If you can't see it at the bottom/top of your browser, copy and paste the whole thing to a text editor and look at the string there.)

August 17 start and still in production end of August is really strange.....

If OP wants to know if he has AP2.5, he can check the option codes to see if APH3 is in the list. (Click on the View Spec link in My Tesla, and see if that code is in the URL. If you can't see it at the bottom/top of your browser, copy and paste the whole thing to a text editor and look at the string there.)

Was wondering about this ^
I checked the speck link for my car and it does show the APH3 in the url code. Does that signify AP2.5 for sure?
My order was confirmed Aug 6. My Tesla says it's "currently in production", but only since about a week ago.
Tesla Spec link.PNG

Was wondering about this ^
I checked the speck link for my car and it does show the APH3 in the url code. Does that signify AP2.5 for sure?
My order was confirmed Aug 6. My Tesla says it's "currently in production", but only since about a week ago.
View attachment 245540

The only for sure way to know is to ask your DS, but if it says AP3 you should be good to go.
In my case, which is a rare case, it stated AP2 and I confirmed that I'm getting AP3. I believe when u ordered the car it's generated and if any changes happen after(like what happened with mine) the decoder isn't going to show because the link according to the website is still the original code.