Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

which car would you like to buy now?

which car would you like to buy now?

• Model 3,i am looking forward to it

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • Model s,even if its price is higher than model 3

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Model x ,i like its wings.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Model S hatchback, I use it as a truck to haul 10 foot long pieces of lumber and pipe all the time. I put ski racks on the roof, use the 4 wheel drive to easily get through the snow and ice and it is a blast to drive. I wanted an X but my wife and son didn't like the way it looked or drove, so I bought another S last month, now she drive my old model S. I think I would hate to have the X wings. I don't think I will like the size of the model 3, especially if it doesn't have the hatchback. I still plan on buying one and I will let my daughter drive it to college.

I am in line to get a Model 3 (first day reservation), but I've driven a few Model S's now, and I find them a little tight to get into. I really bend my neck to get into the front seat. And the low ride gives me some pause as I live in snow country. And the Model 3 is going to be smaller than the Model S. And I'm not yet impressed with what little we know of the trunk. And I don't really want to wait. And I'm concerned that the tax break may go away before I can get mine.

So, I broke down and went with the Model X. It is supposed to arrive later this month or early April, I'm told. And it answers all my concerns other than the STEEP increase in price. But I agree with the comment above that the Model Y might be the answer to most of my desires, other than it is even further away, has no chance of a tax rebate, and is quite a foggy picture at this point.

So, I have every intention to be very happy with my Model X until the Model Y comes out, costs about 1/2 as much comparably loaded, and is not that much smaller.

Tesla confirms production of Model 3 ‘beta prototypes’...

Thanks for the link but it does not answer:

What the interior would look like?

Can it confirm or deny all the rumors in this forum that Head-up display will be trickled down just right on time for Model 3 production?

Upgraded Roadster can go 400 miles, what's the longest range that Model 3 can do?

Can you demonstrate how to place an adult bike inside the trunk?

How much weight can it tow?

What about all the pricing? What if I don't want standard black paint, how much does it cost more if I white paint?....

and so on...

Can it confirm or deny all the rumors in this forum that Head-up display will be trickled down just right on time for Model 3 production?

Upgraded Roadster can go 400 miles, what's the longest range that Model 3 can do?

What about all the pricing? What if I don't want standard black paint, how much does it cost more if I white paint?....

and so on...

The link actually doesn't say that Tesla has started production of Model 3 beta prototypes. What they are doing now is trying to come up with what will be that beta prototype. The Tesla board will be presented with a number of the Model 3 concepts being produced now and from that they will designate the beta prototype. So no one could answer your questions, since the Model 3 isn't even in beta prototype stage yet. In other words, it's looking like there is no way that Musk's schedule is going to be met.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Maximilien and Tam
I love my Model S hatchback, I use it as a truck to haul 10 foot long pieces of lumber and pipe all the time. I put ski racks on the roof, use the 4 wheel drive to easily get through the snow and ice and it is a blast to drive. I wanted an X but my wife and son didn't like the way it looked or drove, so I bought another S last month, now she drive my old model S. I think I would hate to have the X wings. I don't think I will like the size of the model 3, especially if it doesn't have the hatchback. I still plan on buying one and I will let my daughter drive it to college.
buy another model s?

The link actually doesn't say that Tesla has started production of Model 3 beta prototypes. What they are doing now is trying to come up with what will be that beta prototype. The Tesla board will be presented with a number of the Model 3 concepts being produced now and from that they will designate the beta prototype. So no one could answer your questions, since the Model 3 isn't even in beta prototype stage yet. In other words, it's looking like there is no way that Musk's schedule is going to be met.
Tesla confirms production of Model 3 ‘beta prototypes’ | Electrek Tesla confirms production of Model 3 ‘beta prototypes’

and so on...
Tesla confirms production of Model 3 ‘beta prototypes’ | Electrek Tesla confirms production of Model 3 ‘beta prototypes’

I am in line to get a Model 3 (first day reservation), but I've driven a few Model S's now, and I find them a little tight to get into. I really bend my neck to get into the front seat. And the low ride gives me some pause as I live in snow country. And the Model 3 is going to be smaller than the Model S. And I'm not yet impressed with what little we know of the trunk. And I don't really want to wait. And I'm concerned that the tax break may go away before I can get mine.

So, I broke down and went with the Model X. It is supposed to arrive later this month or early April, I'm told. And it answers all my concerns other than the STEEP increase in price. But I agree with the comment above that the Model Y might be the answer to most of my desires, other than it is even further away, has no chance of a tax rebate, and is quite a foggy picture at this point.

So, I have every intention to be very happy with my Model X until the Model Y comes out, costs about 1/2 as much comparably loaded, and is not that much smaller.
Then,congratulations for your model x.I am a tesla s and x owner,so you can ask me if you meet some difficulties in using model X.Besides,i sale some Tesla accessories in Amazon,i can send some gifts for you.

Thanks for the link again.

People have voted with about 400,000 deposits already.

I suspect that most people just can't afford an expensive car like Model S that starts with a base price of $68,000 in the US.

Of course, for those who have money, they can afford to choose between 3 choices from very expensive car to $35,000 one.

I myself would prioritize to the one that can give me a longest range.

Since Model ≡ is smaller and lighter, hopefully it will have the longest range.

You can keep linking to the story, but it doesn't change the substance of what Tesla disclosed. The beta prototypes are not yet being produced. That is straight from Tesla.
"“We expect that the next performance milestone to be achieved will be the successful completion of the Model 3 Beta Prototype, which would be achieved upon the determination by our Board of Directors that an eligible prototype has been completed. Candidates for such prototype are among the vehicles that we are currently building as part of our ongoing testing of our Model 3 vehicle design and manufacturing processes.“"

What Tesla said is clear. They are still in the process of creating the beta prototype.