Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Plant is my MYP Coming From?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! New to the forum. Waiting on my MYP, White/Black, no tow. OD 5/31/22. 1st EDD 9/23-10/27, 2nd EDD 8/23-9/27. Being delivered to Minnesota. Wondering which plant will be building it. Just wondering if geographical location makes much of a difference.

Hi! New to the forum. Waiting on my MYP, White/Black, no tow. OD 5/31/22. 1st EDD 9/23-10/27, 2nd EDD 8/23-9/27. Being delivered to Minnesota. Wondering which plant will be building it. Just wondering if geographical location makes much of a difference.
Supposedly the Eastern 1/3 is to come from Austin, remaining 2/3rds from Fremont. But given that Austin is still coming up to speed, Fremont is more likely for your timeframe.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Source of this info?
Pretty much every delivery thread on this forum has members getting MYLR cars from Austin since June. First it was just Texas but now Florida, Georgia, etc.

For the OP....your car will most likely come from Fremont as so far no MYP out of Austin. But no one expected the LR to start shipping out of there so who knows...they could flip the switch for MYP out of Austin at anytime...or never.

Interesting I didn’t know so many were coming out of Austin. Must have happened in the last two to three weeks. That thread though looks like just folks from Austin TX ordering MY. I see several posts of people who switched to MYP and had old orders.

I did read a story about Tesla ramping up production capacity very quickly. Either way I don’t think we are going to see them with 4680 anytime soon though. The standard range still isn’t available to order on the Tesla site.

I also saw a video recently and the built quality of Austin vs Fremont doesn’t appear to be any different.