Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

whinging thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to whinge about the absence of DAB+ on Australian Model 3s when it's enabled in the UK and Europe. I find it hard to believe that with all the production streamlining they produce versions of the car with and without the hardware so I don't understand why it's disabled here. And yes...I use it. And yes...I know about TuneIn...:confused:

Reactions: Vostok and Anubis
I would like to whinge about the absence of DAB+ on Australian Model 3s when it's enabled in the UK and Europe. I find it hard to believe that with all the production streamlining they produce versions of the car with and without the hardware so I don't understand why it's disabled here. And yes...I use it. And yes...I know about TuneIn...:confused:
This is my whinge:
The end game is a self driving, self sustaining means of transportation. The model 3 as well as all those preceding and following are just a huge beta excercise to get to the end game. Whatever happens in between is just pure fun for those that participate and are willing to pay the price and put up with all of Musk's idiosyncrancies, whims and peculiarities.
The end justifies the means, so however that plays out I think we should all stop whingeing and enjoy the ride.

I thought you can do that already...certainly in the Model S you can plug in storage and play music files...do you mean something different?
Yes, I mean video (MP4). So one could watch movies or TV shows on the big screen and using the car audio if sitting in the car when SuperCharging or similar.

There was an article in Electrek last year with a rumour this capability was coming... but not yet it seems.

My whinge: the fact that if someone in Perth is interested and wants a test drive, I have to either (a) tell them to fly to Melbourne / Brisbane / Sydney or (b) offer them my car to drive. I don't want them driving my car...!
I feel even more in the dark living in Perth waiting for an M3. Minor anxieties.
I'm always thinking; will there be Tesla mobile service?
Are they going to build more superchargers in SW WA? etc.
Likely overblown and irrational concerns but anxieties nonetheless.
Everything should be fine.

I feel even more in the dark living in Perth waiting for an M3. Minor anxieties.
I'm always thinking; will there be Tesla mobile service?
Are they going to build more superchargers in SW WA? etc.
Likely overblown and irrational concerns but anxieties nonetheless.
Everything should be fine.

Am in the same boat mate. You'll be right - just download Plugshare on your phone and take advantage of the RAC chargers when you can.