Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior Delayed Commensurate with Later Ramp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like they've removed the previous note re: the white interior being made available in the Fall from the FAQ page.

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

My assumption would be that the delay is tied to the later ramp and that it will be available either in December or more likely January or Feb (all decidedly Winter and not Fall).

Not a huge deal in the big picture of course, but wanted to call it out for the others who are holding out until white's available.

I got white on my current car when I noticed how hard it was to find something on the inside with a black interior (only took 50 years). It looks real sharp too. But boy it shows dirt, and damage, much faster than all my old black leather interiors...

-Randy

I got white on my current car when I noticed how hard it was to find something on the inside with a black interior (only took 50 years). It looks real sharp too. But boy it shows dirt, and damage, much faster than all my old black leather interiors...

-Randy

I'd assume it's a very different material though - particularly if you're talking about a white leather because the Tesla seats are synthetic, which means they're designed to block stains and last longer than real leather.

Probably unfair to assume that all white seats are the same in terms of durability and ability to avoid discoloration and stains.

But boy it shows dirt, and damage, much faster than all my old black leather interiors...
I've put 13,000 miles on my S since delivery in March, and the white seats are just as clean as the day I picked it up. I did notice a bit of wrinkling of the fabric just recently, but I think that can be rectified by steaming the seat. I will ask OCD in Fremont about it next time I'm there. I would not worry about the white seats retaining their whiteness.

• Informative
Reactions: dss33
Black leather seats in the south are brutal in the summer - OUCH!
Gotta have white/light colored seats, and hopefully breathable cloth.
I doubt that they will offer white "textile" seats although I agree that a light color textile seat option would be nice. I have the black textile seats and I am quite pleased with them, but I don't deal with heat much here in the mountains. They are starting to show a bit of wear after 43k miles and lots of entry/exits though.

I am quite unsure if white is the best choice for me. I typically keep my vehicles 10 years and 200K miles. I don't know how the white (and the white stitching) will hold up over that long. I love the look, but am a little hesitant. Add the possibility that it might incurr a delay which I am not willing to do .....

I am quite unsure if white is the best choice for me. I typically keep my vehicles 10 years and 200K miles. I don't know how the white (and the white stitching) will hold up over that long. I love the look, but am a little hesitant. Add the possibility that it might incurr a delay which I am not willing to do .....

So far it seems that the “vegan leather”/ultra synthetic material Tesla uses is very durable.

But unless you get the (eventual presumed) multi-pattern (cloth) seats, remember whether black, white or (maybe sometime down the line) creme or other colors...it’s all the same material. So wear and stitching durability should be identical Black vs white premium seats. It’s just comes down to your color preference.

So far it seems that the “vegan leather”/ultra synthetic material Tesla uses is very durable.

But unless you get the (eventual presumed) multi-pattern (cloth) seats, remember whether black, white or (maybe sometime down the line) creme or other colors...it’s all the same material. So wear and stitching durability should be identical Black vs white premium seats. It’s just comes down to your color preference.
Not exactly. My concern is that the white stitching isn't as stain resistant as the "leather". With black stitching, you can get away with it more.