Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Premium Seats hot and uncomfortable?

Vegas Seats Comfortable

• Wonderful

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • Decent

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Satisfactory

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Considering selling over it

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can buy a cheap IR thermometer from Amazon and measure your seat temp to be sure the heater isn't on. Also try checking it after sitting for 20 minutes and compare it to other cars, fabrics, colors, etc.

I've felt it, I don't think it's hot enough to be the problem. They also gave me a loaner and it was just as bad..

In pretty sure the more I study in that in alright to the seat material..

I do have one of those devices, I'll try it out of I get the car back from SC instead of sell it beforehand I pick it up.

Thank you.

I know this might offend your aesthetic, but couldn't you just put some seat covers on it? If they're not ventilated, which I presume they aren't since new cars don't have that option, you wouldn't be losing any ventilation function. The heating would probably still work through the cover. Getting a cover is definitely the cheapest option to remedy the situation. Maybe go get some custom made at an upholstery shop?

I have UW seats but the ventilated version in our X and I find them much more comfortable than the Gray leather I had in the Model S before it.

I know this might offend your aesthetic, but couldn't you just put some seat covers on it? If they're not ventilated, which I presume they aren't since new cars don't have that option, you wouldn't be losing any ventilation function. The heating would probably still work through the cover. Getting a cover is definitely the cheapest option to remedy the situation. Maybe go get some custom made at an upholstery shop?

The Tesla user manual states not to fit seat covers because they can affect the deployment of side air bags in an accident. Also says they can mess up the occupant detection system. See p 21 of the user manual.

So I wouldn't consider seat covers.

I had a X P100D as a loaner for a few days. I thought the seats were very uncomfortable. The side supports pushed in on my kidneys. No matter how I adjusted the seats, I never get comfortable. I was glad to get my X back.

I have black leather ventilated seats and absolutely love them. Comfortable and cool on hot and humid Texas days.

There are seat covers designed to be compatible with side airbags and occupant sensor systems. Both of those have been in cars for 15+ years.

Yes, but the Model X actually has additional airbags fitted inside the seats themselves. See page 33 of the user manual. You most definitely would not want those covered up. Maybe there are some specific seat covers that take account of these seat mounted airbags, but I certainly wouldn’t take it for granted.

Agreed, sounds like standard disclaimer

Evannex makes seat covers specifically for the X. Otherwise I would just buy a cheap and comfortable cover and just put it on the driver's seat

I had a quick look at the Evannex Model X seat covers and in the FAQ section it does say that they have a slot cut in them for the side bolster airbag to go through. So they are probably safe to use if fitted correctly with the slot on the outside (they do warn about this), but haven’t been specifically tested in a crash.

Using a generic seat cover would be a bad idea and I don’t agree about this being a standard disclaimer. Tesla even repeat the warning in the airbag section of the manual.

Reactions: BitShop
So I've now tried a Hazmat suit, respirator, and driven a ways - to the Glenn Allen service center (planned to look at a red one before all leather ones are gone).. by the time I got there my feet and ankles especially we're burning and took days to feel normal..

Today I put on a sweatshirt that was in my X (which is so at service center, I rented a Nissan to drive home).. the sweatshirt today I've had an allergic reaction to.

Any ideas what it could be?

Having health problems, even if only allergies, caused by my Tesla is not satisfactory at all. So far no clue even when I'm allergic to.

I have my socks and shoes bagged up and willing to send to a lab for testing, but testing for an unknown I've been told it's not advisable.

Any idea what to do, other than give up on Teslas? I'm insanely frustrated - this is cutting into my life and health, this has been quite a disaster and disruptor in my life at this point.

So I've now tried a Hazmat suit, respirator, and driven a ways - to the Glenn Allen service center (planned to look at a red one before all leather ones are gone).. by the time I got there my feet and ankles especially we're burning and took days to feel normal..

Today I put on a sweatshirt that was in my X (which is so at service center, I rented a Nissan to drive home).. the sweatshirt today I've had an allergic reaction to.

Any ideas what it could be?

Having health problems, even if only allergies, caused by my Tesla is not satisfactory at all. So far no clue even when I'm allergic to.

I have my socks and shoes bagged up and willing to send to a lab for testing, but testing for an unknown I've been told it's not advisable.

Any idea what to do, other than give up on Teslas? I'm insanely frustrated - this is cutting into my life and health, this has been quite a disaster and disruptor in my life at this point.
Sounds like time to engage a good allergist. They will be able to help you come up with a strategy. When I went for skin testing they were about to find things I did not know I was allergic to, and show I was not allergic to others.

It's also pretty quick to tell if it's an allergy if benadryl works well for you. Take one. If the swelling goes down within the hour you have an allergy. If not it's something else going on.

Does Benadryl work for you otherwise? It'll quickly narrow it down to an allergy or some other thing for which an allergist is inappropriate. It might also be worth asking the Service Center if you can go through and check your reaction to all of their detailing chemicals, in case it's that simple. One of them might contain a nut oil or something else.

Thanks Dark matter, they cleaned it with some hypoallergenic soap this time to try to eliminate that.

I've asked for what is different between models I've been fine in and the ultra white vegan but no information from them answering that.

I'm frustrated, doctors say no tests for car allergies, Tesla doesn't send any info..