Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much of a comparison, but that ovoid under-pan made me think Murano for some reason.

Murano_2.jpe

2005-Nissan-Murano.jpg

Last edited:
My first thought was Saturn Aura because of the chrome. But I, also, thought of the Murono. It seem to have it's butt in the air like the Murono, assuming that von Holzhausenis on his knees and the vehicle isn't on a lift.

Mixed feelings about the Murono. Not sure why I don't like it, but I don't. I think it's very stylish, but I guess it just doesn't feel "finished" to me. Here's hoping the Model S thrills me much more.

Yeah I also got a bit wierd image from this due to the height. Either von Holzhausen is on his knees or this car has SUV proportions. And in many ways a SUVs basic design is a station wagon with more ground clearance, so this gives me station wagon/SUV feelers?? Not at all as much slope it should have to even be close to the Merc CLS as was hinted earlier.

Cobos

If they are already doing teaser shots now I hope they wont string this out until March.

Anyone else notice the carbonfiber bottom end of the rear? Or is that just carbonfiber paint? It would seem a bit silly considering how much carbonfiber they used on the Roadster.

Cobos

I'm sure the Tesla folk will be reading these comments more than some others.

At this point we are not letting our Fisker deposit go. The sharp under edge is very different than the sexy sinue-y curves of the Karma.

Also not much of a fan for the brushed aluminum strip across the back. I know there the Roadster has some semi sharp lines but he only shiny bits are the logos.

Does anyone believe that vH had anything to do with this design? He just got there to late.

I would actually go so far as being able to at least tweak the Model S was the very reason he signed on at Tesla. Especially at this point in time, not much point in being a cheif designer if you haven't designed any of the two cars your company is making. Someone mentioned in the comments somewhere that the taillights looked like a design by him.

Cobos

I would actually go so far as being able to at least tweak the Model S was the very reason he signed on at Tesla. Especially at this point in time, not much point in being a cheif designer if you haven't designed any of the two cars your company is making. Someone mentioned in the comments somewhere that the taillights looked like a design by him.

Cobos
I think the Motor Trend article mentioned how taillights looked like a design by him. I didn't mention it, though I noticed it too, because it might be the striped reflections that make it look like that.

The small section of the tail light that is visible looks like it has some Nagare (Mazda) influence...

My money is on something that looks like the Ryuga with a higher roofline and less rake on the windshield.

veh_upcoming_ryuga_1.jpg

It would be neat if I was right... I usually never am.
The Ryuga is more of a crossover type vehicle though, maybe the Nagare is a better bet.

Cobos,

I think you are right. The rear diffuser does look like it is carbon fibre, and for sixty grand, I would hope so too.

Dragonfly, I was referring to the design philosophy of Nagare, or "flow", that Mazda has adopted on its recent prototypes, rather than the actual car. You are right that the rear ends of the Ryuga, the Nagare, and the Hakaze do not look like the rear end of the leaked Model S. I was referring only to the tail light. The body work looks more like the Nissan Altima.

2008-Nissan-Altima.jpg

2008 Nissan Altima