Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that was what I had heard as well. They were based on actual TM sketches but after what DS said not very true to them I suppose. Even though I wouldn't mind that design or a bit more practical version of that design :)

Cobos

Did this article actually publish the "Lotus Esprius" as a picture of the Whitestar? (from earlier in this thread)

Scroll to bottom of article:
Tesla Motors builds cars in Silicon Valley

2_lotusesprius_244w-166h.jpg

It's all about associations and mental images. When people hear "station wagon" they picture this:

http://zobeid.zapto.org/caviar/image/cars/station-wagon.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

But they can fly through space (Via a giant MangoBeam)

[url=http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi2593784089/]IMDb Video: Mom and Dad Save the World[/url]

Another new Model S = REEV article...

Automotive World - US: Second-generation Tesla Model S sedan to feature range-extending engine

US: Second-generation Tesla Model S sedan to feature range-extending engine
By Toby Procter
23 September, 2008
Source: Automotive World
The forthcoming Tesla five-seater sedan to be built in a new Californian assembly plant, now referred to by the company as the Model S and formerly as Project WhiteStar, will use lithium ion batteries for a maximum range of 386km and its base price w...

That's all - I'm not going to subscribe!

Tesla Motors Seattle Road Show - Tom's Blog

They have the exterior design and Darryl says it looks great. It is technically a hatchback design, but in a good way, perhaps something along the lines of the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class. (They in fact have a Model S test mule based on a CLS.) It will have a flat battery pack, as opposed to the Roadster's boxy ESS. Their production goal is 20,000 per year, worldwide.

When pressed about when we would get to see it, they only say it will be "soon." The plan is to show it first to existing Tesla customers, then the press, then the public by spring of 2009.

"The plan is to show it first to existing Tesla customers, then the press, then the public by spring of 2009."

It better happen by spring 2009. Otherwise, their unveiling of Model S will be a full year later than they initially planned. You can't be an entire year late on the unveling of a car.

Striking that the Peugeot and Lamborghini look so similar.
And both look a lot like what I expect the Tesla Sedan to look like as well.

Add the Fisker and you start to have a lot of choices in sleek, high end, high style, high efficiency 4 door "fastback" sedans.

2944375891_78d6d82f4a.jpg
Elon with Franz von Holzhausen

Venture Capitalist Steve Jervetson has seen the Model S design:
The Model S is absolutely gorgeous by the way, and it has more people and luggage space than any sedan... Enabled by having batteries and motors all low down below the wheel line. And with a cool trunk option, it can carry 5 adults and 2 kids. Many Apple analogies come to mind regarding the HCI...
(HCI = human computer interface)