Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But, I suspect Tesla is going for more European elegance and less Japanese "boy racer" style...
Mercedes%20CLS%20Class.jpg

There has to be a third row seat in there guys.... Elon said it holds five adults and 2 kids. I am sure it is a small rumble seat type thing .... but you need an opening to get into it.

I'm sure that third row is just a couple rear facing kid seats, just like in the old station wagons. You get to it though the hatchback.

2000.mercury.sable.25995-E.jpg
2000.mercury.sable.7733-E.jpg

At least the kids shouldn't have to worry about this one:
pg11b.jpg

WARNING!
The exhaust pipe will still be hot when the engine is turned off. Take care
that children do not burn themselves when they get into or out of the car.

Last edited:
R&T article says "Photo Illustration by Larson".

'Larson' has done other photo illustrations that take some creative liberties ("guesswork") compared to the actual vehicle:

Larson GT-R:
1222007192320.jpg

Real GT-R:
10172007164540.jpg

(very close - although those intakes under the headlights are missing)

Last edited:
Larson Mercedes-Benz SLC:
7192007182816.jpg

Other renderings/opinions of what the SLC might look like:
slc.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-W197-SLC.jpg

(as you can see sometimes the illustrations are very speculative)

Last edited:
I wonder how much time "Model S" has spent in the wind tunnel to reduce drag coefficient...

I don't know how long it has spent in the wind tunnel specifically, but I do know that aerodynamics were very much of concern with the design. I talked with Tesla employees over the summer specifically about trying to design the Model S, trying to decide whether to weight Aerodynamics (and therefore range) with the looks.

I do not know which factor won -- but it was at least being seriously considered.

Another thing about this photo:
popup_0844_mz_tesla2.jpg

Along with the concern that the tail-lights are too flush with the bumper (easy to crack in a low speed accident?), doesn't it seem like the license plate isn't recessed deep enough? Regulations call for lights to illuminate the plate at night. Is there really enough depth for something to shine onto the plate?