Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tri motor 500 mile range. I will replace my Ford 4x4 desert truck. I wanted a good off road BEV. I don't much care for the looks but the stainless body, air compressor for airing the tires, the ac outlets and a loading ramp make this truck really useful to me. I would never paint it, just leave and use. I wonder what type of tires it will come with, hopefully Goodrich KO2's or the newest version when delivered. This would make all my drivers BEV's.

As the old folks say, the proof is in the pudding, What ever that means. This is a lot like a timex, take a licking and keep on ticking. The more I look the better I like.
I like it just as it is. But I can just imagine it wrapped in some wild color scheme.
So I wonder how many preorders there will be. Is It is worth a hundred dollars just to say I ordered the world’s fastest truck
I'm in. Tri motor as that 500 mile range will really open up some cool terrain.[/QUO

Buddy just ordered one today. I am still baffled. If this had come out in the 80s after Max Headroom or Total Recall, it would have clicked.

totalrecallcars_05_1000.jpg

But all I can manage today is to be baffled. But I am not the target audience, I guess.

Love the specs tho.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
He said the deposit at $100 not like you have to make a real commitment of $1000 or something higher. It’s meant to help Boost the numbers. There’s a lot I like about the truck but I can’t like the looks. I can’t help but feel like somebody who doesn’t owner use the truck has designed this truck it’s a weekenders truck. I would go for the 500 mile range try motor I put a deposit down long time to figure out what and if I do get it.

When the sledgehammer came out, I was certain the outer skin of the truck was going to fall away to reveal the real thing. I couldn’t (and still can’t) believe that was really the truck.

With that being said, I put down a deposit to hold a spot in line. It was only $100 and fully refundable, so why not? If I can get a 500 mile vehicle with FSD for $77K, I’ll give it serious consideration in 2022. Until then I won’t miss $100. If a $1,000 deposit was required, I probably wouldn’t have done it.

Finally I’m very curious—why a $2,500 deposit is required for the Y but only a $100 deposit for the truck?

The truck is a calculated risk. The design is well off the beaten path so they dont want the deposit dissuading you. A low deposit will attract interest and land more reservations. With the other models, they can charge more because they already know you'd sell your mom to get one.

• Funny
Reactions: Qbenjamin
I'm in.

Have been waiting for this for a while and while it is a little more polarizing than I would have liked the 23+ hours of soak time since launch have helped. It also helped that my workmates loved taking the piss today since they know I have an MS. Can't wait to help them with that humble pie in a couple of years time.

Such a crazy/interesting time to be alive guys. The future is now.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 8.31.47 PM.png

Just ordered Dual-Motor w/FSD.

I’d love a dual motor with the Tri-motor battery pack. I’m surprised that combo wasn’t advertised at first.

exactly my thought. I don't need the tri-motor performance or speed.i just need dual motor for the snow. would love to pay an upgrade fee for more mileage. especially because it would theoretically be more efficient without the third motor. but I can't justify 20k more for 200 more miles. it's not THAT often that I need that kind of range. I will sit at a supercharger on the random road trips 1 extra time

I am sure down the line they will mix and match that more

Reactions: webdbbt