Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received mud flaps from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, new member here.
I will be taking delivery a LR AWD this Saturday.
From what I found here, an internal document was circulating online saying all Canadian deliveries should come with pre-installed mud flaps. I somehow remember a member from Montreal said he/she had seen all models have mud flaps in showroom. But when I called my delivery dude at the Lawrence dealership, he said they were still figuring out the details, hence no one supposed to have them.
Is this true? Has anybody got mud flaps from dealers after taken delivery?

Many Thanks

Mine new M3 didn't have them. I'll wait until Jan-20 and ask again. I'll install them myself if they are intent on billing me for that.
My car arrived Monday from Montreal delivered to my house in Ottawa.
It had small mudflaps on the front and a pair of much larger ones in the trunk . Definitely not a matching set. Looks like they were just picked up at some supplier in the hope that I would be satisfied :(

I received the same in Toronto - delivered with small pair installed on the front with larger pair in the trunk.

I quite like the pair that's installed. They are barely noticeable and I suspect they have very little if any impact on range. As long as they do their job and protect the paint I'll be very happy.

Reactions: Biscuitman
My car arrived Monday from Montreal delivered to my house in Ottawa.
It had small mudflaps on the front and a pair of much larger ones in the trunk . Definitely not a matching set. Looks like they were just picked up at some supplier in the hope that I would be satisfied :(

I took delivery last wednesday. Had small rigid mudflaps installed, and bigger ones in the trunk too. The bigger ones are rubber and are actually extensions to the rigid ones. They match and go together. You need to uninstall the hard ones to install grommets (if it's the right word) behind the wheel liners so you can screw (instead of plastic pins) the bundle back on. I did it yesterday at home.

I received the same in Toronto - delivered with small pair installed on the front with larger pair in the trunk.

I quite like the pair that's installed. They are barely noticeable and I suspect they have very little if any impact on range. As long as they do their job and protect the paint I'll be very happy.

Barnsy, I drove a couple days with only the small ones and could clearly see that crap was still thrown on the underbody. I don't believe they are enough by themselves to protect the car in our bad winters with all the salt and gravel that is thrown on our roads.

I took delivery last wednesday. Had small rigid mudflaps installed, and bigger ones in the trunk too. The bigger ones are rubber and are actually extensions to the rigid ones. They match and go together. You need to uninstall the hard ones to install grommets (if it's the right word) behind the wheel liners so you can screw (instead of plastic pins) the bundle back on. I did it yesterday at home.
Update
I removed the large ones that my mechanic had put on the front over the smaller front set that you accurately described. They were too big and were bottoming out on my sloped driveway.
I now have just the small front ones on and will see how that goes.
My PPF installer told me he had never seen such large ones on the front of a model 3, and he has worked on about 50 model 3’s he said.

They did scape on the highway once for me too. They are supple rubber so I think they'll hold up. It's better for me than scraping the underbody paint with our harsh winters. Will probably remove the extensions for summer.
I had bought the evmudflaps before getting the car. Contemplating installing just the rear ones now and keeping the stock ones up front.

Barnsy, I drove a couple days with only the small ones and could clearly see that crap was still thrown on the underbody. I don't believe they are enough by themselves to protect the car in our bad winters with all the salt and gravel that is thrown on our roads.

Thanks for the info GtiMart! So far it's been dry and pleasant around here so I haven't seen how the installed mud flaps will perform. I appreciate your report on their performance.

Here's a very dirty picture I posted in another thread.

Attachments

• 20191221_162732.jpg
    20191221_162732.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 344
I wonder why Tesla only give front small and extension ones and not mud flaps for both the front and rear? I picked up my mudflaps in december, but I think int he box, it says rear and front. Let me double check when I get home. I haven't installed them because i read that the mud flaps make it worst then not having it on?