Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is still on v8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well look on the bright side. Your USB music still works :p
I am. I set both our cars to standard updates - lost interest in being a Tesla guenea pig long time ago (almost crashed a car 2016 due to a software bug which froze my front windshield while doing 60mph on a dark undivided highway, and in 2017 ripped off a mirror when Tesla decided to auto-unfold the mirrors at any speed above 0mph - costed me $600). Today I just want the car to function as a car.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: thecloud and sorka
:(
My V8 days are over.
Car shut down with multiple errors and was towed to the SC.
After leaving it outside in the cold for two weeks, killing the 12 v battery in the process, they claimed the faults were due to outdated firmware and the car having been offline for 9 months.
They installed a new 12V battery and V10 and claim all is now well.
Obviously I am highly sceptical.
Picking it up later today.

Reactions: rickyjb
My V8 days are over.
After leaving it outside in the cold for two weeks, killing the 12 v battery in the process, they claimed the faults were due to outdated firmware and the car having been offline for 9 months.

What were the errors?

My V8 days are over.
This sounds just like my story (except the killing the 12v part), which started in October. They had my car for 3 weeks to upgrade the software (no loaner). Just this week the errors popped up again, so I am hopeful for a new battery.
Did you take a picture of your errors?

Here are the errors, I really do not see how they can be caused by the car being offline.
I have picked up the car and everything seems ok, although most settings were gone.
Scan My Tesla still shows the nominal full pack as 75.4 kWh, which is identical to what i had before on V8, so at least I have not been batterygated (yet).
I must admit it is nice to have app access again, especially since we are having a very cold winter.

Attachments

• V8errors.jpg
    V8errors.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 52
I'm happily on V8.1 with an unsupported car. Free supercharging and premium connectivity all working fine.
Had an email from Tesla yesterday about the MCU emmc recall saying that I would be contacted in due course to get it done.
If I take it in for the recall will they update the firmware at the same time? If so, will I lose my free supercharging etc?

It's not salvage but it is unsupported (reason unknown). I agree, at the moment I'm 'off grid' and they can't disable it remotely. But if I take it in to a SC they can. I think I will ask them to confirm in writing that they won't disable supercharging before taking it in for the recall. Or just get the eMMC changed by a third party and ignore the recall.