Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who upgraded from an early MX to the refresh MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 P100D MX.
Relatively reliable now after many many teething issues initially.
I've been debating the upgrade to the refresh MX.
Longer range.
Much nicer interior
Much improved MCU, AP, etc

Who has a gen 1 MX and done the upgrade to the Gen 2 refresh?
Thoughts?

Who has a gen 1 MX and done the upgrade to the Gen 2 refresh?
Thoughts?
I have a gen 1 MX and it is in the service center for the infotainment refresh if that is the same? It costs about $1,500 and includes new screens and MCU but no additional cameras like later 2016 models have. I don't have the car back yet so my input is only anectdotal from a friend who talked me into it. I was due for the recall to replace the MMC chip but that was backorder and the boot up in the morning was taking longer and longer so I decided to spend the money on the upgrade. My friend says the main screen is much faster and no longer pixelates during refresh.

I have a 17 P100D, Going to trade it in for Plaid X however I am still kind of trying to figure if I should move forward in August when delivery time frame arrives.

Here are a list of things I would like to have..

1) - Half Shaft issues should be taken care off in the new refresh.. But does not seem like it so far.. Can anyone please confirm?

2) - I really want the Model X and S to get the Matrix Headlights now. When Model 3 and Y has it why not there flag ship models no excuse here.

3) - Ah they got rid of all the air vents ... Why left it in the third row... I wish they had gotten rid of that as well. But Than I think the reason They left it there is so people can change it since there is no screen for the third row (This is somewhat acceptable for now)

4) - They got rid of some of the rope lighting, I think Tesla should really add that back as that just makes it look so much more premium..

First two issues are really important though.

I have a 17 P100D, Going to trade it in for Plaid X however I am still kind of trying to figure if I should move forward in August when delivery time frame arrives.

Here are a list of things I would like to have..

1) - Half Shaft issues should be taken care off in the new refresh.. But does not seem like it so far.. Can anyone please confirm?

2) - I really want the Model X and S to get the Matrix Headlights now. When Model 3 and Y has it why not there flag ship models no excuse here.

3) - Ah they got rid of all the air vents ... Why left it in the third row... I wish they had gotten rid of that as well. But Than I think the reason They left it there is so people can change it since there is no screen for the third row (This is somewhat acceptable for now)

4) - They got rid of some of the rope lighting, I think Tesla should really add that back as that just makes it look so much more premium..

First two issues are really important though.
Are Matrix headlights with segmented dimming and higher lighting allowed in the US? I thought the new Infrastructure bill had a provision to allow the Government to start working on authorizing these for the US.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Reposting from the order thread, but I went from 2017 100D to 2022 LR.

- Everything is better! Build quality up a notch. Feels solid.
- Yoke took 5 minutes of awkwardness before I preferred it
- Quieter and smoother ride
- Center console is an A+, really well engineered
- Seats are very comfortable
- Trunk has better storage

I’m sure I’ll find some things that were decontented due to supply chain constraints; but for whatever’s left it feels like a more premium car. Lots of small touches and incremental improvements all add up.

I Turo’d a 2020 MX for a week recently, it was much closer in experience to the 2017. I would not hesitate to upgrade from either. This one feels like what the X was always supposed to be.

Are Matrix headlights with segmented dimming and higher lighting allowed in the US? I thought the new Infrastructure bill had a provision to allow the Government to start working on authorizing these for the US.

Correct, The secretary of transportation needs to approve it or something along those lines. I think as per last paragraph of the article.

However, The Model Y & 3 already have it in NA build which seem to be getting delivered now. So my guess is they will just turn them on with a software update once they have the full approval.

Why Model S and X don't have it I dont understand as those are the flagship models and that should have had it when Model Y and 3 started getting it. I am just hoping we at-least get a retrofit option.