Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wants in on a class action lawsuit? ;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) the EPA determines the rated range, not Tesla.

2) you seem to have just made up this 300wh/mi “rated average”. Where are you manifesting this number from? Why would it be the same for both the 60 and 85 when the 85 is significantly heavier?

Bottom line, you’re chasing your tail.

If you actually own a MS or MX you would know that the “Rated Miles” is a factor of 300Wh/mi. This is a given factor in the Trip Range Screen (sadly not available on M3).

This is why Tesla supercharger concierge recommends don’t set battery reading on miles and use energy instead, then rely on the Trip Range Screens because they more accurately take into account average Wh/mi and projected stop and go as well hills. (Note the dotted line states “Rated Miles” is 300Wh/mi).

If you actually own a MS or MX you would know that the “Rated Miles” is a factor of 300Wh/mi. This is a given factor in the Trip Range Screen (sadly not available on M3).

I’ve owned a model S for 2 years now and have driven it 70,000 miles. Your claim is false. WH/mi to calculate EPA rated range varies with each individual configuration based on weight and performance. This is why a 100D and P100D have different rated ranges despite identical batteries.

You’re just wrong here. I’m not sure how else to put it.

No, they didn't guarantee, or even state, a usable kWh.

For example in the Audi e-tron they state it has a 95kWh pack, but only about 83 kWh of it is usable. (In addition to the anti-brick buffer on the bottom they have a large buffer at the top so that they can charge to "100%" faster.)

You just stated my point. The Audi e-tron is not called the e-tron 95 duh. Tesla did the right thing with the 2nd gen 60 with software limitations because it to charges faster and safer to charge to 100%.

Plus if Audi advertises the range based on the 83,000Wh/EPA tested Wh/mi then they are being more honest.

• Disagree
Reactions: ord3r and Rocky_H
The usable kWh’s is the issue NOT the range.

Can you point me to any documentation where Tesla guarantees a certain capacity of the installed battery will be available for propulsion?

(Hint: the answer is no)

Tesla installed a ~61kwh battery in your car and marketed it as a “60”. Your discontent with this is based on incorrect information and false assumptions.

I’ve owned a model S for 2 years now and have driven it 70,000 miles. Your claim is false. WH/mi to calculate EPA rated range varies with each individual configuration based on weight and performance. This is why a 100D and P100D have different rated ranges despite identical batteries.

You’re just wrong here. I’m not sure how else to put it.

Attachments

• 0A6A470D-9A16-45FA-83AA-F6D3C48A3324.jpeg
    0A6A470D-9A16-45FA-83AA-F6D3C48A3324.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 55
Sorry, didn’t want to read all the pages.. did anyone offer to join OP or is this a class of one and just a cute clickbait title for a “does anyone else have this issue?” Thread?
This has turned into a clickbait if Fan Boys disputing any truth supporting a Claim against Tesla. -would be nice if real Tesla owners only could chime in.

Can you point me to any documentation where Tesla guarantees a certain capacity of the installed battery will be available for propulsion?

(Hint: the answer is no)

Tesla installed a ~61kwh battery in your car and marketed it as a “60”. Your discontent with this is based on incorrect information and false assumptions.

No they did not install a ~61 This has been confirmed by the reports and documented by SVC. Hence they lye

No they did not install a ~61 This has been confirmed by the reports and documented by SVC. Hence they lye

Tesla’s hacked Battery Management System exposes the real usable capacity of its battery packs

• Original 60 – ~61 kWh total capacity, ~58.5 kWh usable.
You certainly don't have to believe it, but if you're gonna puff yourself up about legal claims and damages, it would benefit you to base those claims in fact. Repeating "lyes" will get you nowhere.

This has turned into a clickbait if Fan Boys disputing any truth supporting a Claim against Tesla. -would be nice if real Tesla owners only could chime in.
Did I get a thumbs down because Fan Boys do NOT want real owners only to chime in -LOL