Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's tinted their windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend a good place to get a tint and ceramic coating, (maybe a front bra ppf also) in the Inland Empire area of So Cal? Obviously prefer Tesla experienced and solid ceramic films.

I would recommend checking out Socal Tint Shop in Chino Hills, they've done about 20+ Model 3 already including mine that included Tint, PPF and ceramic coating. https://www.yelp.com/biz/socal-tint-shop-chino

I posted a review with my photos of all the work done on my car as well.

I went 35% Spectra Photosync on the doors and rear window. The rear window was done in one piece. The windshield got 70% 3M Crystalline.
Do you have pics?
Here are some pics of the car. It is DIRTY, but it is monsoon season here and I cannot wash the car for another few days because of the tint install.
Front M3.jpg Rear M3.jpg Side M3.jpg

Does anyone have experience with SunTek CIR film? I’ve been recommended a good installer but he only installs SunTek. Looking at the specs online, it seems like Crystaline or Xpel XR Plus are better alternatives; no photosync installer near by. :(

Agreed. So hard to figure out what % to do with all the variation that seems to be evident on here!

Yes this is 30. 20 is really dark. My concern doing 20 is driving at night. At 30, driving at night is dark when looking at the autodimming mirrors. I can imagine 20 is worse. I also believe the glass roof makes a difference when you compare it to a solid roof.

Does look very light for 30%. How do you think the “heat blocking” of CIR is? That’s my biggest concern with doing SunTek vs Crystaline or Xpel XR Plus.

I’ll follow up this week about the heat since parking at work is outdoors and it will be nice and toasty this week. I’ll also post some followup pictures of the tint next week after the follow up check of the tint/PPF.

I went with crystalline 40. Used to use F1 Pinnacle 35.

Jury is out if crystalline stays cooler or if in practice it really matters, but I wish I went with F1.

The 40 is pretty light and brown, and I miss the neutral charcoal of F1 Pinnacle (and stratos I assume). Worked pretty well blocking heat and is generally cheaper than crystalline.

I think the esthetics of F1 outweighs any practical heat advantage from crystalline. Also seems crystalline is harder to install and results in some minor imperfections I never saw with F1.

Maybe photosync would have been the solution but not worth the cost to me.

I went with crystalline 40. Used to use F1 Pinnacle 35.

Jury is out if crystalline stays cooler or if in practice it really matters, but I wish I went with F1.

The 40 is pretty light and brown, and I miss the neutral charcoal of F1 Pinnacle (and stratos I assume). Worked pretty well blocking heat and is generally cheaper than crystalline.

I think the esthetics of F1 outweighs any practical heat advantage from crystalline. Also seems crystalline is harder to install and results in some minor imperfections I never saw with F1.

Maybe photosync would have been the solution but not worth the cost to me.

To my eyes, the Photosync looks very similar to Crystalline. It looks brown to you; to me, both Photosync and Crystalline look green. Llumar, Suntec and Xpel ceramic tints look neutral. And as you say, I think the aesthetics outweigh any practical heat deflection advantage of Photosync and Crystalline.

Reactions: jelly