Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just cancelled mine. It hurts, as it's my dream car (Tesla in general), but I can simply not justify the cost (with Danish taxes), and I have just bought a new house 4 minutes from my work, so my needs for a car have been reduced drastically.

Maybe later...

Congrats indeed. I know your not in the US but I have to know, when did you reserve?

I just cancelled mine. It hurts, as it's my dream car (Tesla in general), but I can simply not justify the cost (with Danish taxes), and I have just bought a new house 4 minutes from my work, so my needs for a car have been reduced drastically.

Maybe later...

Smart move.

The "greenest" change most folk who commute more than 30 minutes can make is to work closer to home.

If everybody did that, it would cut more energy costs than millions of EV's and Hybrids combined.

I used to drive 1.5 to 3 hours to work, then 2 to 5 hours home each work day. I did that for 6 years.

Now, I can walk, bicycle, or drive to work, depending on my mood and what I need to do that day. Walking takes 40 minutes.

It not only is the green thing to do, it is the family thing to do, it saves the roads, it reduces congestion for others, and keeps your blood pressure down.

Congrats.

Smart move.

The "greenest" change most folk who commute more than 30 minutes can make is to work closer to home.

If everybody did that, it would cut more energy costs than millions of EV's and Hybrids combined.

I used to drive 1.5 to 3 hours to work, then 2 to 5 hours home each work day. I did that for 6 years.

Now, I can walk, bicycle, or drive to work, depending on my mood and what I need to do that day. Walking takes 40 minutes.

It not only is the green thing to do, it is the family thing to do, it saves the roads, it reduces congestion for others, and keeps your blood pressure down.

Congrats.
If I ever had to commute more than 30 minutes each way I would find a new line of work. Days are already too short. I wouldn't want to waste it sitting in traffic every day!

Reactions: Red Sage
I will cancel my reservation if Tesla confirms there will be no ESA (extended warranty) for the M3. Strange enough, another member posted that the Model X's ESA hasn't been offered yet. I don't want to wait just before the 4-year warranty ends to find out the ESA program has been yanked out.

I would be willing to pay $3-4k for the extra piece of mind especially with Tesla having monopoly (for now) on servicing and repair work.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I will cancel my reservation if Tesla confirms there will be no ESA (extended warranty) for the M3. Strange enough, another member posted that the Model X's ESA hasn't been offered yet. I don't want to wait just before the 4-year warranty ends to find out the ESA program has been yanked out.

I would be willing to pay $3-4k for the extra piece of mind especially with Tesla having monopoly (for now) on servicing and repair work.

What's the extended warranty cover? This is one aspect of Tesla ownership I haven't looked into at all.

On the positive side, with the M3 using steel instead of aluminum, any body shop can do cosmetic work. I'm also assuming for now it will have the same battery warranty as the S and X.

I'm now leaning towards cancellation. With the new 2017 there STILL no plans to build any superchargers anywhere near me. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much unchanged from the 2016 map for Canada. No superchargers, no road trips. No road trips, I ain't buying it.

I'm now leaning towards cancellation. With the new 2017 there STILL no plans to build any superchargers anywhere near me. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much unchanged from the 2016 map for Canada. No superchargers, no road trips. No road trips, I ain't buying it.
I get it, no Superchargers in SK and MB is inconvenient, but saying that prevents road trips is not totally true ... these guys made it all the way across Canada even with a trailer.

It looks like there are a lot of Superchargers along northern east-west routes in the States that don't exist yet either, but are being planned. Perhaps they're just gradually moving north.

I suspect that at any perceived delay is due to Tesla Motors' need to clarify once and for all which States in the nation they will be allowed to set up Service Centers and Tesla Stores. If their current case against regulatory officials and elected officers in Michigan can be resolved in their favor quickly, they will be able to properly expand to fill coverage needs. Once that is done, they can properly project what costs would be internally to provide top notch service to all. Please understand, there are something like 24 States where Tesla is not allowed a presence at all right now. It's kind of hard to set up a comprehensive service plan for what may well be as many as 250,000 units per annum without knowing where those sites will be located relative to Customers.

What's the extended warranty cover? This is one aspect of Tesla ownership I haven't looked into at all.

Per the Tesla Motors website:
Extended Service Agreement
Covers the repair or replacement of parts due to defects in materials or workmanship provided by Tesla. Coverage lasts for 4 years or 50,000 miles (whichever comes first), and begins on the date your original warranty expires.

Washington residents must purchase the extended service agreement directly at a local Service Center.
It is essentially an extended warranty, beyond the bumper-to-bumper warranty that comes with the car. But for legal purposes, there are certain States where it cannot be called an 'extended warranty' at all. That is because insurance companies have complained that manufacturers should not be allowed to warranty, guarantee, or 'insure' their own products because it would somehow be a 'conflict of interest'.

I just canceled mine. Plain and simple too many service issues with the brand during the past year. Coupled with the decrease in supercharger rollout activity and excessive wait time. I am going to order a Bolt when it is available on the East Coast. Bolt is uglier but other than that seems on par with the 3 and it is much cheaper as I do not believe the 3 will be available for less than 45k before mid to late 2018

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: msnow and bro1999
I ordered an S. Decided I didn't want the first model year. By the way how long does it take to get your deposit back?
Do you mean a Model 3...
Refunds can take around 3 weeks see:
Model 3 Reservations FAQ

Keep in mind with Tesla there is no such thing as a model year. You are thinking of car manufacturers that don't correct mistakes when they find them like GM and sometimes for multiple years, even life threatening mistakes.