Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does elon always taunt us with this when....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
How is it that Elon gets captured driving with no hands and we get nag-nannied and cancelled AP if we do it...Come on Elon staaahp it LOL LOL

Elon Hand Off.png

Elon kept his hands off the wheel for seconds. I can do the same, but eventually (depending on conditions), then I get the nag. The faster I travel on a freeway, the more curves the more frequent the nags are. If I'm going 40mpg and on the straight freeway, it may be over a 1 minutes then I'll see the nag.

I guess it's based on context of where the vehicle is, how fast, and the geometry of the freeway your on.

Elon kept his hands off the wheel for seconds. I can do the same, but eventually (depending on conditions), then I get the nag. The faster I travel on a freeway, the more curves the more frequent the nags are. If I'm going 40mpg and on the straight freeway, it may be over a 1 minutes then I'll see the nag.

I guess it's based on context of where the vehicle is, how fast, and the geometry of the freeway your on.
Geeze Louise it was a joke. Laugh for once o_O

That single picture is going out all over the world, and reinforces the goal of Tesla to produce self driving vehicles. Tells the story very powerfully. Down side is that owners really want that to be available today, and dislike needing to jog the wheel every so often.
Real downside is people buying these cars see this story and think you can literally not pay attention to the car and get in fatal accidents because they saw Elon on 60m and didn't RTFM

Reactions: croman
Real downside is people buying these cars see this story and think you can literally not pay attention to the car and get in fatal accidents because they saw Elon on 60m and didn't RTFM
Not sure this is 'downside' since Tesla has the money for the car, the car is totaled so can't be sold in the aftermarket and drag down Tesla used car prices, the car no longer has to be maintained by Tesla under warranty, free supercharging is no longer a cost to Tesla for this vehicle, and Darwin has done his thing by pulling that person out of the gene reproduction pool. Seems like nearly all upside to me.

Not sure this is 'downside' since Tesla has the money for the car, the car is totaled so can't be sold in the aftermarket and drag down Tesla used car prices, the car no longer has to be maintained by Tesla under warranty, free supercharging is no longer a cost to Tesla for this vehicle, and Darwin has done his thing by pulling that person out of the gene reproduction pool. Seems like nearly all upside to me.
:) Touche as long as the "fatal" is only the AP idiot and not other folks on the road

How is it that Elon gets captured driving with no hands and we get nag-nannied and cancelled AP if we do it...Come on Elon staaahp it LOL LOL

View attachment 360089

I can't find the video that clip came from right now, but did you notice all of the extra antennas on the roof of the car when they were getting in? I suspect that car has the AP3 hardware as well as some extra goodies. (Unless that was all 60 minutes filming crap on the roof.)

I can't find the video that clip came from right now, but did you notice all of the extra antennas on the roof of the car when they were getting in? I suspect that car has the AP3 hardware as well as some extra goodies. (Unless that was all 60 minutes filming crap on the roof.)

I absolutely misssd that. Great find!!

0F2E6BA2-B66B-4624-927F-690F4CA60163.jpeg
F6348C3C-1104-41CF-8F82-88A79D890BED.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
This has a very easy answer. How many people have already tried to sue Tesla for Autopilot issues?

Who's Elon going to sue?

And then there's the reality that as an engineer relatively deeply involved in the work, Elon is able to intimately understand the areas at which the car is able to function well and those that still have issues and act accordingly.