Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does my MS select park and parking brake in reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i find that really stupid (never heard of anyone being killed or maimed by contacting the seat at less than1 mph) i can understand over 10mph but not hardly moving and it doesnt do it every time....

and wont do it going forwards at any speed where you can be thrown through the windscreen....

i find that really stupid...

I hope you heard about Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin who got out of the Jeep and got pinned by it and died.

484038-anton-yelchin-star-trek-chekov.jpg

If he had a "stupid" Tesla that would automatically turn the car to Park and Off because of seat belt status, he would be still alive to curse what a stupid Tesla!

Last edited:
I hope you heard about Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin who got out of the Jeep and got pinned by it and died.

484038-anton-yelchin-star-trek-chekov.jpg

If he had a "stupid" Tesla that would automatically turn the car to Park and Off because of seat belt status, he would be still alive to curse what a stupid Tesla!

well im 100% sitting in my car with my foot touching the accelerator or brake pedal... maybe he was using his transporter ??/

Do you have creep off? If so, is the car rolling under its own gravity, or are you applying throttle? I believe if the car rolls far enough back under its own weight with creep off and no throttle input it will go into park.
Indeed this was discussed recently elsewhere on here. If you let go of the accelerator and let it coast, without creep - it will park in pretty short order.

Hated my UK garage, presume you have to park passenger side perilously close to wall to get door open like I did with my Alfa GTV.