Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why doesn't FSD hug the left side of the right lane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to start a new thread, and don't want to co-opt this one, but here goes. I have AP1 and only use it on two lane divided highways. With clear lane markings, but going straight over a slight hill, it will decide it needs to swerve left or right because it has briefly lost the lane markings at the top of the very slight rise. In these situations, the car doesn't beep or otherwise indicate that autosteer is unavailable.

My question, similar to the OPs, is why not use the last one second of driving information to continue until it regains the highway line markings? This seems like a very easy software adjustment, i.e. if you lose the lane marking just keep doing what you've been doing, which is usually just keep going straight on the two lane divided highway.

You have AP1. That’s why they won’t fix it. It’s no longer being supported. AP2/2.5 used to do the same thing on a hill, but it’s been long since fixed in ota updates.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO