Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why not buy a Mustang Mach-E?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck Supercharging it!
Yes but most people actually don't use Tesla Supercharging, for your average Joe they just charge it at home. Also there are millions of charging stations around the world that will support the Mach-E. The 10k dealership tax is noted, but remember Tesla has stupid lease deals. 600 dollars a month to lease a Model 3. Where as the Mach-E will be leased for cheaper, 400-500 dollars.

Yes but most people actually don't use Tesla Supercharging, for your average Joe they just charge it at home. Also there are millions of charging stations around the world that will support the Mach-E. The 10k dealership tax is noted, but remember Tesla has stupid lease deals. 600 dollars a month to lease a Model 3. Where as the Mach-E will be leased for cheaper, 400-500 dollars.
So take the plunge, lay out the cash and then tell us how you like it...

Oh yeah I know, Im a part of it, I was just looking to see if anyone had a Model Y to compare to a Mach-E as one of my friends is trying to decide.

Unless you are trolling, I don't think you will get any kind of informative real world comparison from anyone, anywhere, right now...for obvious reasons. One is a vehicle you can buy and drive right now, while the other is not. One you can get hard facts about, good or bad, while the other you cannot.

Range, performance and standard equipment for the current Model Y LR AWD ($52,990) are far better than the comparably priced future 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ($53,300):

Range: 316 mi v. 210 mi
0-60 4.8s v. 5.5s
Max charge rate: 250 kW v. 150 kW
Autopilot standard v no
Supercharger network v. no
Side collision warning v. no
Obstacle aware acceleration v. no
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance v. no
Auto dimming heated mirror v. no
Front and rear heated seats v. front heated seats only
Sentry Mode/Security Camera v. no
Movies/Games/Karaoke v. no
Dog Mode v. no

In contrast, the Mach-E offers the following features not available on Model Y:

heated steering wheel
360 degree parking camera and
a hands-free foot activated lift gate

Really no comparison, even without factoring in Tesla's experience with EVs, battery life, etc., not to mention that Model Y will likely improve by the time Mach-E starts shipping.

Comparison between: 2020 Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD

Last edited: