Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why wait for Model 3 when we can get Model S for even $45 & even less...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. And apparently it is only the plug, so hopefully the cost isn't too much. Just saying, can't include "gas savings" into the price without including "outlet installation".

Good luck. Pulling a new line required bringing my whole house up to current code. That was $4600 total for me as I had to install 8 connected smoke alarms at $400+ each plus the $1200 for the outlet and related wiring and conduit.

Ah, you must know something that I don't. Can you post a link to that?

Did you know that the republicans signed on the EV tax credit, so why would a republican throw it out when it's set to expire on it's own.

Please stop posting propaganda.
Trump already stated he will terminate ev tax credits as part of the overall fed tax reform plan. He is also proposing fewer tax brackets and lowering the top tier from 39 to 32%. It unfortunately is not propaganda

• Disagree
Reactions: StoXto3toY
I'm one of the folks that got talked into an upgrade. Stood in line on 3/31 to reserve a Model 3, just confirmed my Model S 60 a couple days ago. For me it was the sum of a whole lot of reasons:

* Uncertainty around the availability of federal, state, and local incentives when Model 3 delivery time comes around (this is a combined $13k for me, so a significant consideration)
* Impending price increase on the 60 (sneaky demand generating trick that worked on me at least)
* Supercharger program changes
* Wanting to vote with my wallet and contribute to the success of the company at a time when they desperately need to be hitting production goals and demonstrating long-term viability in the face of the disastrous incoming administration
* AP2 hardware leads me to believe the car will be reasonably future-proof so far as autonomous driving is concerned
* Model S is basically my dream car, the 3 was always going to be a bit of a compromise

No regrets. It's going to be a long month!

Good luck. Pulling a new line required bringing my whole house up to current code. That was $4600 total for me as I had to install 8 connected smoke alarms at $400+ each plus the $1200 for the outlet and related wiring and conduit.
Thanks for reminding me why I still charge on 120V

People can figure out their own gas savings when buying based on their driving habits.
And that's exactly the point. This is not something Tesla can, or should, do for you. Even if I keep the Tesla for 20 years, the fuel savings will never come close to covering the extra money I paid to drive this car. But that's ok because it's not why I bought the car.

When putting a price on the object you're selling, the price should be the amount of money the purchaser has to give you to get the product. Anything else is quite slimy business practices (not that I expect anything else from Tesla any more)

Reactions: number12
Trump already stated he will terminate ev tax credits as part of the overall fed tax reform plan.
Again, show me a link from a reputable newspaper (don't care if they're right or left leaning) where he stated that and I'll agree with you.

So far, nothing I've seen, he's said about eliminating the EV tax credit which is set to phase out on it's own. He's said a lot of things about reducing the emissions requirements Obama put in place, I believe some stuff about autonomous regulations, but nothing about getting rid of the EV tax credit.

Not sure if I am the only one who looks at things like this but all these savings are not exactly tangible right away, the day of purchase you are paying that full amount. What you can and cannot do on your taxes only makes a difference of how much you have to pay the IRS or lack thereof. Personally never think of it as a savings unless its on front end......anyone else?