Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why will you need a Cyber Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving a rig that big in the UK? Wow that's brave! I love the CT but just think it's too big for UK roads, car parks etc

I live in the middle of nowhere. I share the narrow country lanes with milk tankers, tractors towing huge trailers, lorries full of hay bales etc. Not to mention the scores of hikers, horsey people, badly parked tourist's cars and the like. I'm quite used to having to squeeze my way through and park halfway up a grass verge. My only concern is that I'm going to have to do a C1 test to drive it.

As for the truck itself, I have a ton of gear I carry around most days. I can barely get stuff in the boot of my car when I go shopping as it is. I could probably fit all that in just the frunk. I also like to go camping a lot so that picture of the add-on gear really spoke to me. I live down muddy farm tracks that ruin my alloys and cover my car in mud. This fits what I do and what I want to do perfectly.

Been waiting for an electric truck to replace my aging K2500 suburban for many years now. Then I can sell both the truck and one of our sedans to reduce our fleet count and get all vehicles into the garage. Truck currently sits outside and is used infrequently (HomeDepot trips and towing our Airstream), CT does this and is also a viable daily commuter.

Because i live in Texas.. and we drive trucks here.

Just kidding, in all seriousness. I do a lot of Home renovations and various side projects. I currently use an SUV for the heavy lift. Because i don't have a pickup bed i use a trailer. I have wanted a Tesla since i first drove a model S P85D when they first came out. I wasn't able to justify using a Model 3 for the work i do and a model X is out of reach. I never tow a long enough distance for any of that stuff to worry me. Usually light recreational off roading, muddy job sites and hauling around tools and various materials.

Cybertruck cant go into production soon enough!

Reactions: PJFW8 and jerry33
I bought the S in South Florida. We recently moved to Ontario and the amount of times that a Full Size Truck can be of great use in Canada means that the Cybertuck will be my next vehicle. Have not placed an order yet though because as we learned from the 3 at the end it doesnt matter if you had a reservation or not, what matters is the build (RWD, Dual motor etc..,) And I'd rather be further down the Vin # line to ensure they have worked out the very early bugs that are common in Tesla releases.

Wrapping it in Matte Black as soon as I get it as well.

I bought the S in South Florida. We recently moved to Ontario and the amount of times that a Full Size Truck can be of great use in Canada means that the Cybertuck will be my next vehicle. Have not placed an order yet though because as we learned from the 3 at the end it doesnt matter if you had a reservation or not, what matters is the build (RWD, Dual motor etc..,) And I'd rather be further down the Vin # line to ensure they have worked out the very early bugs that are common in Tesla releases.

You realize that Elon said there will be a black version.

Reactions: azjohn

I have had the vin sequence in mind too. I signed up for a tri so I am hoping they work out those kinks during the first year of single and dual motor production.

CT DM will replace F250 Powerstroke diesel I modified in 2005 to run on vegetable oil. Sources for cheap used fry oil dried up after 2010 so I mostly run it on diesel now which makes me cringe each time I start it up because I’m probably undoing all the good I did driving the M3 all month. For this reason I’ve been driving it less and less, opting to use the model 3 to pick up hay and lumber.
17240F31-EFB3-4DA8-9944-A5E91C10C4D8.jpeg

With the CT I’ll be able to pick up loads of dirt and not feel guilty. Maybe I’m a truck guy but not in the way the term is probably usually used - I don’t want a candy truck that looks good but never hauls anything. My trucks are used as work trucks...and they look beat. :)

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Shygar and Blup85
Don't need a CyberTruck. Need a CyberSUV. We want to be able to road trip with our 3 german shepherds. Love the toughness of CT so was hoping the "one more thing" would be an SUV to compete with Rivian. We're not interested in the X because of the FWD's

Don't need a CyberTruck. Need a CyberSUV. We want to be able to road trip with our 3 german shepherds. Love the toughness of CT so was hoping the "one more thing" would be an SUV to compete with Rivian. We're not interested in the X because of the FWD's

EM said the rear bed will have HVAC and possibly access from the cab too. The shepherds (aren't they great dogs! We have 2) will have heaps of space in the back bed under the cover in heated and cooled comfort. Just need to figure out a safety/restraint system for them.

I hope that the cover and under bed storage are options I don't really want either one It would be cool to have a generator running off the motors. Combine it with axle disconnects. So the motors will spin but the wheels will be in freewheel mode. The generator could charge the 12 volt battery while winching or using a PTO

I hope that the cover and under bed storage are options I don't really want either one It would be cool to have a generator running off the motors. Combine it with axle disconnects. So the motors will spin but the wheels will be in freewheel mode. The generator could charge the 12 volt battery while winching or using a PTO
Not using the vault cover will have a big effect on range. It will be standard equipment.

I plan to start doing some major home renovations in about 5 years once our kids are mostly out of the house and having a truck at that time will make that much easier. Right now I have several projects I want to do around the house that I haven't started simply because I don't have an easy way to haul something on my own on my schedule, I would need to recruit family or friends who have a truck and can't just do it over the course of a few days when I feel like it.

We have two teenagers who are going to be driving in the next two years so we are going to need another vehicle anyways, so it makes sense to give my wife's 2010 Jetta to a kid, give her our Model 3, and I can drive my new dream vehicle.

I think the Cybertruck is very compelling, there are a lot of things I like about it, not just hauling stuff for home renovations. I am intrigued by it for outdoor activities, and I when I have rented large vehicles in the past I have really liked the feeling you get from having a higher ride height. To me the Cybertruck on paper is a vehicle that checks pretty much all of my boxes, its fast, has good range, has seating for the entire family, has the ability to haul goods, is electric, looks comfortable, is rugged, can be camped in, and it looks like something out of one of my scifi dreams.

Reactions: Fred42