Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why would someone do this . Mod tragedy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so thanks for this - i have a question, because i'm ignorant. :p

ok so those spikey things on the top of the roof -- those actually work? ive seen them on some rice burners around LA and didnt know what they did . but what do they do exactly? some "vortex" or somethin' or other? :confused:

• Helpful
Reactions: Stijntje

ok so those spikey things on the top of the roof -- those actually work? ive seen them on some rice burners around LA and didnt know what they did . but what do they do exactly? some "vortex" or somethin' or other? :confused:

Those vortex generators need to be further back towards the back glass and the roof. They are designed to reduce the drag on the car.
They don't actually do anything in the picture and in normal cars. Only for race cars.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt

Vortex generators delay airflow separation from the roof and redirect it to the "wing." I remember seeing them on the mitsubishi evo X, straight from the factory. Unfortunately, in this case they are useless with all the fake vents stuck on that rear window interfering with the airflow anyways.

Rexpeed SSS Painted Vortex Generator | 2008-2015 Mitsubiushi Evo X (R1

Status
Not open for further replies.