Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wider Pilot Sport 4S tires on stock 18-inch wheels installed and tested

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Pilot Sport 4S in the picture.
Also, that sidewalls look fine to me. It'll be interesting to hear about the handling. I'd be very careful while you have mismatched tires.
Pilot Sport 4 or Pilot Sport 4S? I didn't realize Michelin sold the PS4S in TO spec in anything other than 235/35R20.

4S, I posted a link to them earlier, Looks like they come in a 235/45/18 and a 235/40/19. Discount Tire didn't have the TO version in the system yet but they are working on getting it in the system so they can get the right ones in.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...odel+3&autoModClar=Dual+Motor+All-Wheel+Drive

Looks like the Pilot Sport 4S in the picture.
Also, that sidewalls look fine to me. It'll be interesting to hear about the handling. I'd be very careful while you have mismatched tires.
Just went out and did some spirited cornering and driving. I notice a touch more understeer but the TC is so good on these cars. The extra width and grip will add some understeer but we will see how it feels once the fronts are replaced too.

4S, I posted a link to them earlier, Looks like they come in a 235/45/18 and a 235/40/19. Discount Tire didn't have the TO version in the system yet but they are working on getting it in the system so they can get the right ones in.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...odel+3&autoModClar=Dual+Motor+All-Wheel+Drive
Ah, that link is to Pilot Sport 4 tires, not 4S, hence my question.

Where are you seeing any TO-spec Pilot Sport 4 or PS4S tires in 235/40R19? I don't see them on TireRack.com

Here it is everybody, I got the 265/40/18 Mich Pilot 4s on stock aero wheels installed on the rears! They ordered the wrong tires for the fronts (235/45/18 with the TO foam is what i ordered) so they only installed the rears today. I think it looks great! haven had a chance to really drive it yet to feel any grip difference, but very happy with the look and fit. You can tell how much wider the 265 if you look at the picture of the tires next to each other on the floor.

View attachment 383927
View attachment 383946
View attachment 383933
View attachment 383936
Looks amazing! Any updateson driving? Any rubbing? Are you lowered aswell or running any wheels spacers?

FYI, I have 265/40/18 also, but I put them on slightly wider aftermarket wheels...
tire1.png

tire2.png

And the fronts with 245/45's:
tire3.png

Put about 10K miles on them so far and still loving them...

Thanks for this, I have a 245-45/18R wheels and Tire from my previous car and was wondering if i need to sell those and buy new for my M3 becasue when I asked the installer he told me the wheels will fit however the tire is too big (LOL) This gives me hope as i wont have to take loss on those