Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wifi at Wawa charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at a Wawa station in Middletown Delaware charging my model Y. When I scanned for Wi-Fi a Netwerk entitled “Tesla service“ came up. Does anybody know the password for this? It would be nice to be on Wi-Fi while I’m streaming.

I was at a Wawa station in Middletown Delaware charging my model Y. When I scanned for Wi-Fi a Netwerk entitled “Tesla service“ came up. Does anybody know the password for this? It would be nice to be on Wi-Fi while I’m streaming.
If you're supposed to be able to use it, the password would probably be abcd123456.
If not, my guess is that it is for service use only.

Upvote 0
I was at a Wawa station in Middletown Delaware charging my model Y. When I scanned for Wi-Fi a Netwerk entitled “Tesla service“ came up. Does anybody know the password for this? It would be nice to be on Wi-Fi while I’m stream
Took a trip from NJ to FL and back in November. On the way back, stopped at some convenience store with a bunch of Tesla SC's in the back. Might have been northern Florida or GA, not sure.

By this time there was an update for the M3 waiting and, natch, not being at home didn't help. Trying to download on a cell-phone hot spot crawled very slowly.

So, while Supercharging, for no particular reason, hit the wi-fi icon. Lo and behold, there was that Tesla Service SSID. Hit connect: And, with no prompting, the car connected. And started downloading the update at high speed.

The car finished charging before the update was finished downloading, so backed out and parked nearby, finished downloading, and installed the update, with the SO giving me a look :).

I didn't put in a password. But I'm guessing that there's either some fixed one that the car generally knows about or the node was passwordless.

Reactions: laservet
Upvote 0
Thank you all for your reply. So here’s the update…
1. WaWa knows nothing about it
2. No man in the middle hacking a wi-fi name. I charged again. No one there. Same result.
3. I suspect it is a network that Tesla uses to monitor the superchargers and if there is software update the your car will auto connect.

Upvote 0