Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wifi does not connect after latest update: 2022.40.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I'm on the same version and have no issues with it,
Have you tired the following?

Rebooting your router and modem? (If separate turn them both off for 2 solid minutes then boot up the modem first then when fully booted, do the same for your router)

Also reboot your car by holding in the 2 steering wheel buttons till you see the tesla logo on the screen.
Some also say the at the forced reboot is more in depth than turning the car off by using the screen control and letting the car shut down for 2 full minutes without touching anything. I have no experience with what is more in depth. But if it was me I'd try the 2 button reboot.

Yup, I have already tried rebooting the Tesla and the routers. I also I have two routers with different SSIDs. Neither works with the Tesla now but both continue to work with other devices around the house. This is the first time in 3+ years that the Tesla Wifi has given me problems.

Yup, I have already tried rebooting the Tesla and the routers. I also I have two routers with different SSIDs. Neither works with the Tesla now but both continue to work with other devices around the house. This is the first time in 3+ years that the Tesla Wifi has given me problems.
I am having the exact same issue after the last update to my Model S. Cannot connect to my Wifi network at all even after rebooting everything. Extremely frustrating!

My update to this problem is: 1) I've been going around and around with TSC via messaging. They can't really tell me anything useful and are just saying to bring the car in, i.e. can't be handled by mobile service. Well the nearest TSC is 75mins away, so not going unless I'm convinced it is needed. 2) I found I could connect to my iphone hotspot, so, 3) I set up another WiFi AP with a new SSID and the car connects to that.

So now either I live with using an extraneous AP and SSID set up just for the car, or I figure out why the car no longer connects to the old router/SSID. But at least it is working now. If there was a way to clear out all the old SSIDs and passwords, that might help.... Is there?

Reactions: Snowball316
My update to this problem is: 1) I've been going around and around with TSC via messaging. They can't really tell me anything useful and are just saying to bring the car in, i.e. can't be handled by mobile service. Well the nearest TSC is 75mins away, so not going unless I'm convinced it is needed. 2) I found I could connect to my iphone hotspot, so, 3) I set up another WiFi AP with a new SSID and the car connects to that.

So now either I live with using an extraneous AP and SSID set up just for the car, or I figure out why the car no longer connects to the old router/SSID. But at least it is working now. If there was a way to clear out all the old SSIDs and passwords, that might help.... Is there?
Same symptoms and Service Center asked to bring it in. I have a feeling that if I bring into SC they won't be able duplicate my issue at home.

In my apartment Wifi I am unable to connect to my router (yes it is in range). However when I go to my house I can instantly connect to Wifi no problem. Both are the same router, modem, and service provide.

However one thing to note is that I had recently uninstalled all games from the Toybox as I wanted to free up some MB/GB space. When I went into my Toybox again, I noticed that it was attempting to download and install the games. Maybe shooting in the dark but check Toybox and see if you can cancel any pending installs since those games are large files?

My best bet is since you can connect to hotspot off your phone, just skip the appointment at SC (but still put in a ticket so it creates a papertrail logging in when it happened and exact miles for warranty purpose), and if there is a new update coming soon just connect with your hotspot and hope the next update will "fix the bug".

Reactions: Vaillant
My MYLR has 470 miles on it and still can’t connect to my home wifi. I can easily see lots of different wifi signals on my cell while sitting in my garage. The car is 25 feet away from the router/modem inside. Service is asking me to come in, but I can’t before leaving on a long winter trip.

My MYLR has 470 miles on it and still can’t connect to my home wifi. I can easily see lots of different wifi signals on my cell while sitting in my garage. The car is 25 feet away from the router/modem inside. Service is asking me to come in, but I can’t before leaving on a long winter trip.
sounds like a different problem, as you are implying that your car can't see *any* APNs/SSIDs... whereas my M3 could/can see all expected APNs/SSIDs. It just couldn't successfully connect to any, particularly one that I've been using with the M3 for the past 3 years. Seems fixed now with the last update though...

My M3 has refused to connect to my home WiFi for last 6 months after 5 years for some inexplicable reason. All other WiFi using equipment in home works fine. I found that when I change router settings to No Security the M3 immediately connects. All other reset options in car fail. Fails on I phone now to. Tesla wants $250 to look at it. I do not want premium connectivity. Guess I just need to set my router to no security option during updates.

I think what has happened is that Tesla messed with the WEP/WPA/WPA2 algorithms. I previously used WEP. I found that setting up a new router with WPA2 allows my M3 to connect reliably again. Just buy a new $20 router and set up a new SSID with WPA2 and it should work and save you $200+. (Actually Tesla will "look at it" for $250 and declare that nothing is wrong with it.)