Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wifi Problem (streaming Audio)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no problem getting TuneIn to stream when the car is on the road and connected via LTE. However, whenever the car connects to a WiFi source (Home or Office), TuneIn refuses to stream anything at all. (However, Spotify still works in either case)

Anyone else seen this?

I am having this exact issue, did you ever find a fix? My wifi is working as I am able to navigate through Web, but streaming and tune in doesn't work. Curiously, when this happens I can't Bluetooth stream music either.

I have found that the signal in the Garage and driveway is minimal, especially since the Tesla is in the farthest stall . If for some reason I want to stream or set a navigation destination, I turn off WiFi and force back to LTE. Works fine. I may want to install a WiFi repeater, but the issue isn't that big a deal, since I devised a fix for those small number of times the signal strength is low (router is on the other side of the house in the basement). BTW, when you shut off the Tesla and restart, your WiFi settings will return, so no need to remember to turn back on.