Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wild Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice Dan, Don't get discouraged when you get a barrage of naysayers in this forum. They absolutely love to disagree with people and put down ideas.

No, the comments that followed took issue with the design and gave specific reasons for doing so. Re-read them and then compare them to your post above that simply put down people. Perhaps you need to take your own advice?

This would be a very boring forum if people only posted to agree with people and say "Nice Dan". I would rather have someone challenge something I post with reasons, than agree with me with no reason. Plus, Dan knows this has nothing to do with him personally. I appreciate the link and his post but the design looks gimmicky to me. My comments were not an attack on Dan, and in fact had nothing to do with Dan (unless he designed the vehicle), whereas your reply was personal and ad hominem in nature.

Too many moving parts. Impractical to manufacture, lots of bits which could break. The future is solid-state... I expect Tesla's design will have as few moving parts as they can get away with.

If they've learned anything from the falcon wing doors on the X they will do as you suggest.

Reactions: MB30
No, the comments that followed took issue with the design and gave specific reasons for doing so. Re-read them and then compare them to your post above that simply put down people. Perhaps you need to take your own advice?

This would be a very boring forum if people only posted to agree with people and say "Nice Dan". I would rather have someone challenge something I post with reasons, than agree with me with no reason. Plus, Dan knows this has nothing to do with him personally. I appreciate the link and his post but the design looks gimmicky to me. My comments were not an attack on Dan, and in fact had nothing to do with Dan (unless he designed the vehicle), whereas your reply was personal and ad hominem in nature.

If they've learned anything from the falcon wing doors on the X they will do as you suggest.
WOW,

You are one of them. Ok then....enjoy. I'm glad I learned about that ignore people feature. Consider it used.

IMG_4037_zpsw7ckuag9.jpg

Custom MS interior
company in California doing these
i'm sure they'll be doing M3's
Tesla Custom Interior by T Sportline. Full Leather color change with custom stitching.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlitoDoc
Hey, I just threw it out there because I thought it was cool and was obviously created for an autonomous environment, which is the direction Tesla is taking. I realize this will never be seen in the Model 3 but with all the speculation about what the interior will be like I thought these were interesting. Personally I like the BMW version on the right better than the Nissan version on the left.

Dan

Now THAT'S an interior for an autonomous car.

Sure, good thing that the model 3 won't be fully autonomous (yes, I am speculating, deal with it [don't mean you Dan]) :p

I know, no chance we'll see anything like this on the 3

Hopefully so, I can't see those joystick controls working nicely when parking in tight spaces where you need to go backwards and forwards in small steps. But hey, they can prove me wrong.

but it sure is cool...in my opinion.

Have to disagree with you here, but then again, beauty in the eye of the beholder and so on. ;)

Nissan just invented a better use for the horn.

As to the news that Tesla manager has left -I read it as positive sign that Model 3 is nearly complete...or that he did not get along with Milan Kovac.

Everybody is talking about the moving parts, but I certainly hope those handles aren't on the 3. There needs to be a steering wheel.

There are a ton of different hand positions with a wheel. Not so much with this design.

I personally like to drive with my left hand on top of the wheel and I know I'm not alone. This is what's comfortable for me and I can't do this without a wheel. This design restricts freedom and limits users to only a couple ways to steer which some may find uncomfortable. Oh man oh man I really hope this isn't the "spaceship" design Elon was talking about...

I
Everybody is talking about the moving parts, but I certainly hope those handles aren't on the 3. There needs to be a steering wheel.

There are a ton of different hand positions with a wheel. Not so much with this design.

I personally like to drive with my left hand on top of the wheel and I know I'm not alone. This is what's comfortable for me and I can't do this without a wheel. This design restricts freedom and limits users to only a couple ways to steer which some may find uncomfortable. Oh man oh man I really hope this isn't the "spaceship" design Elon was talking about...
I respectfully disagree. I like the increased knee room and unobstructed view over the top.

Dan