Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will aftermarket electrical upgrade affect manufacture warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys: just wondering will aftermarket part affact warranty from Tesla. Such as electrical power door handle and foot kick sensor.
Test drove a MYP last month and place an order straight after that. But I really wish Tesla can put such function into their cars especially foot kick sensor. Because its a lifesaver when you go shopping and come back to your car when you hands are full. Considering try install them by myself but a bit worried about these part will break new car warranty.

They have to prove it caused the issue. the puddle lights are apparently on the same circuit as the windows (maybe those door handles, too?).

If there's an issue weird the windows, they may be able to deny it, but the burden of proof is on them.

They have to prove it caused the issue. the puddle lights are apparently on the same circuit as the windows (maybe those door handles, too?).

If there's an issue weird the windows, they may be able to deny it, but the burden of proof is on them.
Although I agree its not like you are going to take them to court if they deny it. All depends on the guy who you happen to deal with at Tesla.

Although I agree its not like you are going to take them to court if they deny it. All depends on the guy who you happen to deal with at Tesla.
You can't take Tesla to court based on your vehicle or through a class action if you purchased the Tesla new, or signed most any Tesla user agreement if you purchased used... When you sign these agreements, there is a very clear arbitration clause... good luck winning anything there. However, you are able to opt out (I believe) 30 days after signing.

The possibility of Tesla denying warranty repair on issues with electronics is probably on the high side. Manufacturers train their people to deny warranty repair claims at first, right out of the gate. That's why they always charge you the inspection fee for even the most obvious issues that are warranty related. They are NOT trying to fix the issue during the diagnosis, they are trying to find something so they can charge you for some of it, if not all of it. Remember folks, they are in it to make $$$! not to be nice to people, period!