Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will my PMY have the new battery packs/AMD chip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered early April, EDD late June - early July. Saw lots of improvements expected from MYs out of TX factory (AMD chip, battery packs, etc).

Will mine have it? Also read somewhere that performance model Ys will have priority, is that true?

Last edited:
Ordered early April, EDD late June - early July. Saw lots of improvements expected from MYs out of TX factory (AMD chip, battery packs, etc).

Will mine have it? Also read somewhere that performance model Ys will have priority, is that true?
All new Model Y will have AMD Ryzen and lithium 12v battery. No new Model Y coming from TX just yet. Only standard range will have the 4680 battery pack to start. Long Range and Performance with 4680 are probably a ways off into the future.

Yes performance models are prioritized. My EDD is 5/7 to 6/4 but I still haven’t been assigned a VIN yet so it would appear very unlikely I will get it on 5/7 as that is only about 1 week away.

Some have reported frequently changing delivery estimates. Mine has been the same since I placed my order on 3/2.