Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla punish their supporters, or refund $3,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s hope they will make it right today.

Don't get your hopes up too much. Besides the 5k refund for the Performance Plus thing (which ONLY occurred because of Fred at Elektrek) Tesla hasn't done anything to show loyalty to early adopters. Its actually been the opposite and early adopters are the ones Tesla screws most.

I think what will happen is an eventual class action lawsuit. Tesla offering FSD for one price while telling you it will be higher later, then turning around and selling it lower is deceptive, not to mention the fact FSD DOES NOT EVEN EXIST in the meantime. To make it worse, Tesla then turns around and removes features from EAP and puts them into FSD so they can manipulate that FSD actually does exist now.

It's BS and I believe will end up with a class action against them. Only then will we see anything, and we will be lucky if we end up with a few hundred dollars years down the road.

No.

We do not complaining about price reduction.
All of us lost money when Model 3 prices reduced.

We complaining about how Tesla got our money for software not ready yet, by promising that by paying early we will save thousands, then reduced the price for whoever DID NOT pre order! All that while the software NEVER worked yet.

I think you misinterpreted Tesla's promise. They stated that the price would be higher after purchase, and it was. They never stated that that would be the case forever. Software always gets cheaper eventually.

Don't get your hopes up too much. Besides the 5k refund for the Performance Plus thing (which ONLY occurred because of Fred at Elektrek) Tesla hasn't done anything to show loyalty to early adopters. Its actually been the opposite and early adopters are the ones Tesla screws most.

I think what will happen is an eventual class action lawsuit. Tesla offering FSD for one price while telling you it will be higher later, then turning around and selling it lower is deceptive, not to mention the fact FSD DOES NOT EVEN EXIST in the meantime. To make it worse, Tesla then turns around and removes features from EAP and puts them into FSD so they can manipulate that FSD actually does exist now.

It's BS and I believe will end up with a class action against them. Only then will we see anything, and we will be lucky if we end up with a few hundred dollars years down the road.
Our only hope is to keep our voice up long enough... I’m in.

The most fair and simplistic approach is to make it $5k for all customers who bought their cars before last Thursday. Those who paid for FSD should get their $3k refund.

More specifically, I think they should simply structure it to be more consistently... but I'm just wishful thinking...

1) all software related features should cost $5K - so if you've purchased EAP before, then you should automatically get FSD a no additional cost..

2) Upgrading to HW3 can be prepay now for $3K (or $2K base one Musk's tweet where he implied that this would be part of paying for upgrading FSD) - and it would be no cost to those who had already spend $8K/$7K in purchasing AP/EAP and FSD prior to the announcement

3) if you want to be part of the Early Adoption Program or be ahead of the line in receiving HW3 upgrades, then you pay for $1K or however much to match the cost to those very early adopters...

Reactions: Ezri10

Yep.... and looks like he is getting his head handed to him...

Tough to take him seriously when we all know he has 2 Roasters waiting for him...

I mean, the article is a good read and does point out the facts....

But the comments are brutal...

The article is by Jameson Dow, not Fred Lambert.

• Informative
I fear I'm hosed for a different reason. I'm still waiting for the $1k difference between the $4k after-purchase FSD upgrade price that was in effect when I bought my car and the $5k after-purchase FSD upgrade price that the web site later charged me. Tesla has said in writing that they'd honor the after-purchase upgrade price that that was advertised at the time the car was purchased and, because the web site was configured to charge only the current price, they would refund the difference within 90 days. It's been five months for me and I've nagged them repeatedly for the $1k difference.

I fear now, however, that my request is going to be lost in all the noise that's surrounding this FSD pricing fiasco.