Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Long Range survive occasional trackdays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NRS has pads that are a perfect fit and they can make them with track compounds if desired. For occasional track days Carbotech could be an option too. Or the UPP street and track pads. The NRS pads should conform to EU regs if using the default compound which is much better than stock already.
No pad will conform to ECE R90 regulations unless it has gone through the (expensive) testing process and nobody producing track pads in relatively small quanities is going to do that because they will fail the test in any case!
There are plenty of track ready pads that fit but none of them will be R90 compliant, so if @Flol can't get a garage to fit non-R90 pads he will have to do it himself. It's relatively easy but on the P you have to take the calipers off to change the pads, so it's not just pulling retaining pins out.

No pad will conform to ECE R90 regulations unless it has gone through the (expensive) testing process and nobody producing track pads in relatively small quanities is going to do that because they will fail the test in any case!
There are plenty of track ready pads that fit but none of them will be R90 compliant, so if @Flol can't get a garage to fit non-R90 pads he will have to do it himself. It's relatively easy but on the P you have to take the calipers off to change the pads, so it's not just pulling retaining pins out.
EBC should have them soon (they use NRS galvanized backing plates): ECE R90 or Regulation 90 - What’s it all about?

EBC should have them soon (they use NRS galvanized backing plates): ECE R90 or Regulation 90 - What’s it all about?
There are lots of better pads than EBC and the point is that the R90 regulations say that you can't have pads which are significantly BETTER than stock, so they can't make decent track pads and expect them to pass the test. They will be 'fast road' pads at best.

There are lots of better pads than EBC and the point is that the R90 regulations say that you can't have pads which are significantly BETTER than stock, so they can't make decent track pads and expect them to pass the test. They will be 'fast road' pads at best.
This thread is about "occasional" track use. So hardcore track pads wouldn't be ideal or they will sound like crap on the street. Hence my posts.

This thread is about "occasional" track use. So hardcore track pads wouldn't be ideal or they will sound like crap on the street. Hence my posts.
No, they don't sound like crap because we have regen and use hold mode. I have Carbotech XP10 pads in all the time and they are completely noise free.
I've done extensive testing of R90 compliant road pads and track pads in a M3P so I know what I'm talking about.

Thank you for your help so far! Really appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I am still torn apart about this decision. What really drives me crazy is the last part of your last sentence.

I am so close to skip all that racing part and invest in a better sim racing rig and build a good street car, but I know for sure, I will always think about going on track with my car.

I am 5000 Euro apart from a really nice racing car, because of that track mode. I am so sold on that feature, it is insane, but it comes with sooo many downsides :(

I am a geek and I love the possibility to exactly see which tyre loses control right now and to exactly setup the stability assist and power distribution. AND the possibility to give the battery extra cooling. But do I really need this to have fun?

I would probably instant sell the 20" and replace them with 18" and 95% of the time, I drive on normal streets and watch my energy consumption and will not use the acceleration.
So what will really be left on the daily use ... the suspension ... is it really better than the suspension of the LR? I dont know :/ ... you wrote I would have to modify it also for my tyre wear, but tbh, I do not want to modify my car that much, because of money. It would never stop.

I know how to push a car really hard because of my sim racing experience, but I fear, that I will never be able to do that on a real track. I think 2-3 trackdays a year wont give me the ability and confidence to do this and after all, its all about fun.
Looks like you are trying to sell yourself on the P. Obviously we'll say get the P if you have the money but if you are tracking it 2 times a year, in a non-competitive setting and 30 mins at a time, you probably don't need Track Mode, etc, etc.