Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-10 at 12.10.55 PM.jpeg
It gave me privacy and made the car more cooler. I will put up pics shortly. I did 20 all round and 45 on the windshield

Yes, I had all my rear windows tinted darker. Front sides tinted to the legal level for California. I love them. Great for keeping the heat down. Also a level of security for the rear. Oh yeah, and it looks cool. $772.50 for the whole deal. Took a few hours. I'm in NorCal. Had it done in Novato in Marin County. You can kinda see it in my avatar. Let me know if you would like more info.
HOLY COW! Note to self, "Don't move to California!" In this part of the Country (Ohio) at a really good shop it will cost you $150 - 200 at the most. Tint I've had on since 2011 still looks as good as the day it was installed!

Reactions: Blu Zap
Tinting the rear window diminishes the effect of auto-dimming mirrors.

Not so bad for interior mirror because the tint film is helping reduce headlight glare there.. but side mirrors won't darken as much as they otherwise would, so you get more nighttime headlight glare from the side mirrors.

I guess an argument can be made for properly adjusting side mirrors... they shouldn't be cupped into the car sides close enough that they show the line of cars right behind you... but that is a religious discussion.

Guys - after a few weeks of living with the legal 40% Suntek CIR Ceramic, I got my tint redone @ 20% and added a full windshield tint @ 70% (almost clear). I am much happier with the darker tint in the hot TX sun!!! Attached are some pics...

Attachments

• teslatint2.jpg
    teslatint2.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 124
  • teslatint1.jpg
    teslatint1.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4948 (2).JPG
    IMG_4948 (2).JPG
    265 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4947.JPG
    IMG_4947.JPG