Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window won’t roll up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any help with this? If I do the “hold the button” thing it seems to work until my next drive. It’s making me crazy! The other day took me 4 minutes in the rain on the freeway after my son accidentally rolled it down.

It goes partway up then just goes down. You have to finesse it to get it to go up. I tried to attach a video but I can’t.

I had that on my Raven X. Auto up would stop 2/3 up. I fixed it myself. Easy peezy. But it’s a little crazy how you do it.

As the window is going up on Auto you hit it with your palm to stop it. You are Triggering the safety. The stop point on auto up would move almost each time. I had to do it like 10 times and suddenly it erased the phantom stop and went all the way up.

It’s in the a Sticky thread under Model X.

Never happened again.

This assumes to have no obstruction or binding. But manually finesse it up was smooth.

It’s worth to try this calibration. Thanks to kind provider @sams123 as you can adjust it at home:

079B67DF-9508-4858-94BF-73E7DFC106BD.jpeg

Reactions: LJG0053 and domodan
Ensure the window is free of any obstacles (including grit/dirt) Try to close the door, lock the car, and then get backing the car and press the button to raise the window. If that fails, press the window button downwards for 10 seconds, the repeat upwards for 10 seconds and again downwards for 10 seconds. That should help!
I can take a video if you want. The window is spotless. I can do this all day but the window won’t roll up.

Yes, that is quite sad situation that you are in right now. Sorry that the instructions did not help. I have other cars that needs each time the 12V battery is off this same calibration done (which is almost identical), also for sunroof. I know what you mean by “an inch a day” description although the situation with me have been like “an inch in a second” progress. I haven’t had yet the need to perform that de-calibration yet so can’t comment on that. It seems to me that there is something binding that window movement mechanism.

Reactions: mswlogo