TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windows 10 - Edge browser

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by NigelM, Aug 4, 2015.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

TMC generally seems to work fine on the Windows 10 browser (Edge) but for whatever reason it's impossible to insert pictures in a post, the browser will only attach them at the end of a post.

Also some of the smileys work and some not.

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Strange - it's all working for me.

3. taurusking

taurusking Member

I'm waiting for the Windows 10 to be installed...I guess the windows website says there is a waiting period..

4. gdrum

gdrum Member

You can skip this step. Google how to install windows 10 now. There should be links and a exe file to click and get you installed right away.

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

Thanks gdrum...will try it:smile:

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

I'm on the fence. With my Surface Pro I had a better experience so far with Win 8. I don't even get how to double click and icon on the screen, in pad mode, in win 10.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

New problem this morning:

Can't login to TMC via the Edge browser. Type in name and password but when you hit enter or click on "Log in" the password box clears blank and you get the failed login screen. 5 attempts and it's locked for 15 minutes.

Chrome and Safari work fine (hence this post).

8. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

I've heard of some other quirky things going on with Windows 10, one person could no longer get connected to the Internet at all, tried all the usual fixes. As soon as they restored Win 8, they could get connected. I have 10 on my less than one year old laptop. Used it for a week or so and then suddenly my battery imploded and I had to send the laptop off for a new one (battery is integrated, so not a simple swap out job). That shouldn't be related and simply filed under coincidence, but... Haven't used the Edge browser at all, but thanks for the heads up.

9. taurusking

taurusking Member

I had the same problem. Edge browser kept saying wrong password when I tried to log in to my gmail account.

Experienced the same problem with other credit card websites. Finally I got frustrated and reverted back to Windows 7 edition that I had.

10. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

As a developer working with several large organizations, none of them care about Microsoft Edge or IE. We don't even consider them for testing. Currently, the main browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

I remember I read one article in the past about an ecommerce website charging IE users some fees for having their website optimized for IE. :)

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I haven't had problems anywhere other than TMC (yet). I find Edge much faster than Chrome so far and it's becoming my preferred browser so hopefully these are just teething issues.

12. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Edge has no plugins, no Java, no Flash etc. That seems kind of strange to me.

13. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Flash player is integrated, no need to install it separately. You can check it's enabled under advanced settings.

I've been using Edge for a full month now and had no issues with Java not being there. I guess it depends what you're using it for.

14. krnshh

krnshh Member

I think support for plugins and stuff is coming soon. Login works fine on my Edge browser on Surface Pro running on Windows 10.

15. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

This.