Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tire recommendations

What is your plan for winter tires?

• Sticking with all-seasons

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Looking into the Pirelli set offered by Tesla

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Looking into the Nokian studded set offered by Tesla

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Looking at another brand

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
30k on the cross climate 2 and still alot of tread so i am suprised..I can likely get another 6+ months out of them till NEXT winter-and i run them year round
That is impressive! Do they work well in the winter too and has your range been affected much? I have 22,000 miles on my original OEM tires and they already need replaced. Fronts are at 5/6 and rears 3/4. Was going to get snow tires for the winter, but maybe just get cross climates 2?

That is impressive! Do they work well in the winter too and has your range been affected much? I have 22,000 miles on my original OEM tires and they already need replaced. Fronts are at 5/6 and rears 3/4. Was going to get snow tires for the winter, but maybe just get cross climates 2?
Range is same as was on original tires for sure. In colorado they work great on snow and ice for us. Sure snows would be better but we used to run sep snows on diff rims but now just run all weather tires

chrome_NbOiAJdkEp.png

Will this fit Plaid 21" rear rims? I dont get NA0 spec...

Last edited:
How do you like the vredsteins?
I am not who you asked but I have the Vredestein Wintrac Pros for about 3 weeks now and really impressed. They're not as sticky (of course) as the Pilot Sport but I have felt really good with them on snow, ice, and dry roads in the cold. I also ordered the Tesla set and cancelled after not receiving.

I was debating between the Pirelli and Vredestein but happy with my choice. Solid ride, slightly louder but I don't have super discerning ears for that. Ride is solid. If I had to do it again I'd go wider/staggered, but I'm happy with 20" 255 square for winter and can have my 21" Arachnids wide ones hold for summer.

I am driving on Hankook Winter I*cept EVO3 X W330A

It handles extermely well so far, but the noise level is horrendous.
It is supposed to be only 1db louder than my summer tires but no sir..
Even if it is just 1db louder, the noise is so distinct, it is very disturbing.

Since it doesn't have that acoustic foam, you can hear the road noise echoing and THEN getting into the cabin.
Next week I am starting a 5000km round trip. I will use noise cancelling headphones...

Update.
I have been driving on them for 15500 kilometers and when it comes to handling, I can only recommend -if you can ignore the noise level-.
I can't compare the noise to other winter tires as I haven't tried any.
I haven't been to deep snow but I have been down to -7 degrees and highways. Did multiple 1000-3000 kilometers long trips in Europe.
Not once had an issue. I still accelerate the same as my Pilot Sports which I recently trashed as they had 3mm depth left.
I used them for 50.200 kilometers, not sure how many kilometers the previous owner did on them.
When the summer comes, I will put on P Zeros this time and see how they are comparing to Pilot Sports.

I got these last week because they were on sale. I have to say I wouldn't recommend them. They feel like I'm driving on goo. Extremely squishy handling to the point that it's a little concerning at highway speeds.
Any winter tire is going to have more tread movement than summer's or all season's of course, due to its softness, compound, and all that siping permitting the wedges of tire to move and grab snow and displace moisture is what gives traction.

Further to this, going off of memory, I believe Blizzaks are tires that have a dual compound, whereby they have a very soft outer layer, so the consumers and reviewers claim how good they are on ice when new, but after a few thousand miles that soft layer wears away quickly leaving a harder (or regular winter softness) compound for the life of the tire. So give it some time, wear them down and they will firm up?

Any winter tire is going to have more tread movement than summer's or all season's of course, due to its softness, compound, and all that siping permitting the wedges of tire to move and grab snow and displace moisture is what gives traction.

Further to this, going off of memory, I believe Blizzaks are tires that have a dual compound, whereby they have a very soft outer layer, so the consumers and reviewers claim how good they are on ice when new, but after a few thousand miles that soft layer wears away quickly leaving a harder (or regular winter softness) compound for the life of the tire. So give it some time, wear them down and they will firm up?
Can confirm on Blizzaks.

5th season in, probably near EOL, but the tires have defintely firmed up on my Acura. Definitely not the grip they once had, but they still “work”.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Typically I go with Michelin Alpin if below 40 degrees F continuously:

If it is only occasionally below 40, I would consider all season tires.