Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice for wiper blade replacement for 2020 model 3 in the UK other than OEM from Tesla?

By Google searches looks like nothing fits???

The only ones I found were Bosh Aero twins, but the ones I bought didn’t fit. I KNOW they’re the originals.. but the 2 were less than £20 😅
The attachment was almost the same but not identical.

£22 ish for the set

I have had these twice and are great (Almost identical to the OEM's)

Reactions: Skie
Upvote 0
I haven’t bought these myself but these wipers are marked at direct replacements.

I have just received these. Hadn’t fitted yet but will wait until after next weeks freeze then report.
Topped up with a couple of cheap demist pads to get free shipping!

Upvote 0
Got Bosch and they were a major PITA to fit. 45 minutes of work and Googling to figure out the right adapter. Just buy from Tesla.
This is a mystery to me. Based on this post (that I now see is not UK so probably explains the difference) I just unpacked my yet to be fitted Bosch A871S wipers as recommended above. With the caveat that I have yet to actually try, they appear to be a drop in direct replacement. No adaptors, no options for other vehicles, just a pair of wipers fully assembled specifically only for RHD Model 3. I am expecting that the hardest part will be pressing the release pin and the removal of the old ones. Hope I am not wrong about this and will regret saying this.

Will be fitting when this freeze is over.

Reactions: pharwood
Upvote 0

They are not the RHD Model 3 specific version. The A871S are the Bosch version specific to the OPs RHD Model 3, which Halfords do not stock. The 932S ones linked are listed as may not be compatible where as the A871S are Model 3 specific - I'll find out how true this is over the weekend when it stops freezing but previous experience of Model specific Bosch wipers on other cars are an exact replacement.

Upvote 0

£22 ish for the set

I have had these twice and are great (Almost identical to the OEM's)
Thanks for this, ordered some the other day. They fit the push connector perfectly and are just as good as the ones the car came with.

Reactions: davidmc
Upvote 0
I haven’t bought these myself but these wipers are marked at direct replacements.

I can absolutely confirm that these Bosch A871S bladed as a direct slot in replacement for the Model 3 RHD, so the point that, after a cursory glance, they are probably those sold by Tesla but as a matched pair, in retail box at nearly half the price - £26.99/pair.

After putting wipers in service mode, 10 seconds to replace the smaller passenger side one and 30 seconds (over 2 attempts) to replace the larger drivers side one which required a bit more care with getting the angle right due to having to stretch.

I have no affiliation with DriveDen but used the link by @SR-Plus and the blades they were with me 2 days later, well packed. Didn't bother to shop around other than to check Halfords who do not sell these yet.

Bosch have always been my goto for wiper blades so good to finally see a direct replacement.

1674835177578.png1674835579101.png
NB. The 'hat' stays attached to the wiper arm.

Upvote 0