Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper streaking/smearing on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed my wiper smearing /streaking on the driver side windshield today in Sydney rain, visibility degraded because of it. It didn't came on as soon as I drove out of the garage but appeared soon ish afterwards. Anyone knows how to get rid of it?
1000002180.jpg

1000002181.jpg
1000002180.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002180.jpg
    1000002180.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 2
@Futuretech , it is not strictly necessary when giving the wiper blades a quick clean, but there is a wiper servicing mode which is designed to make them more accessible Controls > Service > Wiper Service Mode.
The blades themselves tend to like a wipe of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to get them properly clean if normal car washing isn't enough.

Reactions: Futuretech
I bought the Wurth Rapid Windscreen cleaner on Ebay as after a bit of tapping on the old google machine it seemed likely to be what they use from the factory. I havent been able to use it yet as they topped up my fluid when the car went in for the steering wheel creaking.

I had that same pattern for a while, have since used some Chemical Guys Ammonia free windscreen cleaner and its mostly gone. Had a hunch it was something to do with the ceramic coating they put on, it that gets put on the glass too...

Reactions: Futuretech