Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers randomly turn on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have found the errant wipes happen when driving in and out of shade on a sunny day, like on a tree lined road. Happens on mine almost all the time. Can't use FSD beta unless I am willing to put up with wipers constantly running on a dry windshield.
Mine started this on the latest FSD Beta 10.69.2.2. It gets triggered by overhead street lights on FSD or standard AP. Really bothersome on my 4600 cross-country trip. I’ve driven this several times and this has never been a problem. Wearing out the wipers.

Reactions: trojaneen
So frustrating. My 2020 Model Y just started turning on the wipers on a perfectly dry windshield. But the weird thing is that I had it on manual. When I looked at the controls, it was on automatic without me choosing it. However, no matter how hard I tried, it would not let me put it back into manual. After about 5 minutes, it went to manual on its own. But then, it would cycle back into on every 5-10 minutes. WTF happened with this latest update.

So frustrating. My 2020 Model Y just started turning on the wipers on a perfectly dry windshield. But the weird thing is that I had it on manual. When I looked at the controls, it was on automatic without me choosing it. However, no matter how hard I tried, it would not let me put it back into manual. After about 5 minutes, it went to manual on its own. But then, it would cycle back into on every 5-10 minutes. WTF happened with this latest update.
If you use autopilot the wipers will revert to auto.

My Y is 2 ½ years old and I have been having trouble with the wipers coming on when they shouldn't for a long time. I usually cannot turn them off. I can change speeds but not off. Occasionally they will turn off or if I leave on auto, sometimes they quit. This is a major pain and dangerous when trying to get them to work as they should. Mine will come on when driving through the shade of a tree as well as other times. I figured they would get fixed on a computer update. Guess not.