Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WoF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been taking my Model S to the same place where I buy my tyres for my annual vehicle inspection, the equivalent to a Warrant of Fitness, since it became necessary. You simply require a mechanic qualified to issue the certificate who knows how to lift the car on its correct lift points without damaging it. As tyre shops are generally the first to see new Teslas outside of the service centres they have experience lifting a Tesla correctly.
The biggest advantage is that you can get an appointment more easily than at a Tesla Service Centre.

I have been taking my Model S to the same place where I buy my tyres for my annual vehicle inspection, the equivalent to a Warrant of Fitness, since it became necessary. You simply require a mechanic qualified to issue the certificate who knows how to lift the car on its correct lift points without damaging it. As tyre shops are generally the first to see new Teslas outside of the service centres they have experience lifting a Tesla correctly.
The biggest advantage is that you can get an appointment more easily than at a Tesla Service Centre.
Ah that's a good idea. Can get rotation/balance/alignment at the same time. Anybody had their tesla into Tony's in Glenfield?

Reactions: 3Vtastic
When I tried to get a quote from Tony's for a new set of tyres they basically did everything they could to get rid of me lol. That was the main 0800 number tho.

In the Facebook group I've heard VTNZ has started turning away Tesla's because they "don't have the gear to lift them". Personally, I'm going to be taking mine back to Tesla to do the WoF at the end of the year. It's getting to the end of its warranty as well, so it's an opportunity to find any warranty work that needs to be done and fulfil any bulletins that need to be done (like the wiring harness in the boot)

Reactions: Miggy and 3Vtastic
I tied to get boot wiring harness done,my car is affected by the recall. I was told I'd be contacted when parts are available
Each time I've been to service asked same question, same answer ......queue the crickets

I think I'll try get Tesla to do the WOF, I can imagine the shenanigans at VTNZ....

I tied to get boot wiring harness done,my car is affected by the recall. I was told I'd be contacted when parts are available
Each time I've been to service asked same question, same answer ......queue the crickets

I think I'll try get Tesla to do the WOF, I can imagine the shenanigans at VTNZ....
My previous car Audi A8L was partly destroyed by VTNZ's stupid inspector during WOF... they damaged oil links and RADAR mount... sadly I only notice after some time, when it was too late - all wiring was contaminated.

Never to go anywhere other than authorised service centres regardless of car type.

I booked my WOF through the Tesla Service Centre and it will cost $73.91 (most other places charge between $50-$72).
Since it has been 3 years, I thought I would replace my 12 volt battery and that is under warranty - so will cost nothing.
They will also be fixing some other under warranty components for nothing. So overall, I reckon it is better to go through Tesla for WOF

I booked my WOF through the Tesla Service Centre and it will cost $73.91 (most other places charge between $50-$72).
Since it has been 3 years, I thought I would replace my 12 volt battery and that is under warranty - so will cost nothing.
They will also be fixing some other under warranty components for nothing. So overall, I reckon it is better to go through Tesla for WOF
Nice, thanks for the info. Did you book through the app, just under 'other' or something? Can we ask what the other components are?

Did you just ask them to replace your 12v battery, and they agreed to do it under warranty
Or is there something wrong with it

12 volt batteries usually last 3 - 5 years. If you do lots of small trips (I am guilty of this) they don't last that long though. So I thought I would get it replaced. Plus I read somewhere recently there was a shortage of 12 volts that fit Tesla's, so thought I would be proactive. I was surprised to see it came under warranty on the invoice. I will double check once it is done and confirm.

Nice, thanks for the info. Did you book through the app, just under 'other' or something? Can we ask what the other components are?

Yep, I just booked in the app under the 'Something Else' category and typed in WOF and 12 Volt Battery replacement.

The other component to be fixed is "Rework electrical harness due to water ingress" (I didn't ask for this they just added it).

Reactions: khayyam
interesting, I'm still waiting on boot harness recall
I'll have to see if I can score a battery replacement when my WOF is due!

This sounds like your "Rework electrical harness due to water ingress"

Here's a list of M3 service bulletins, not sure how comprehensive it is

Update

Yep 12 volt battery replaced free.

WOF would have failed if they didn’t fix suspension issue. Under warranty so free.

Now with that suspension and a wheel alignment done it drives smooth again.

All together the labour, WOF, and wheel alignment ended up costing $397

Reactions: Audietron